Facebook claims to be taking white supremacist violence more seriously, LMAO

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/17/facebook-claims-to-be-taking-w.html

Days since last Facebook scandal: Zero.

4 Likes

I agree that terrorism and white supremacists are bad, but moderating a burning trash heap like Facebook is damn near impossible. They will always have an un-even approach that gets worse when you hire more moderators because Joe isn’t going to moderate the same as Jane or Nigel or Arushi.
It’s good for them to try harder, but the will always do a terrible job. The best we can hope for is “Less terrible.”

2 Likes
6 Likes

Do you mean “taking their program to encourage white supremacist violence…”? Because that would be pretty believable

4 Likes

I’m sure they’re stroking their chins twice as fast.

3 Likes

Fu#king Nazis, guess we have to kick them back to curb, again…

BiodegradableIdleGelding-max-1mb

5 Likes

If I can see white supremacists on Facebook when I’m not even looking for them then so can Zuckerberg. It’s simply a matter of how many resources they’re willing to dedicate to the problem.

6 Likes

As long as it makes Mark money, nothing of substance will be accomplished or even entertained. They throw their moderators on the pyre of capital.

I swear, every single statement I see from FB PR just reads like, “Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line…”

2 Likes

In before

4 Likes

Stop that. That’s how they got in. Oh, it’s Margo’s birthday. And look, a racist meme. What’s that smell? I think it’s democracy burning.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.