Facebook loses daily users for the first time since it launched, stock price drops 20%

yeah, it’s just so far as i know facebook only puts out that information quarterly. their whole business is advertising so who’s on top would be key information.

basically im saying that list seems dubious. i didnt click through because i didn’t want to give the traffic. it seemed more likely to be done for the clicks or the outrage rather than the facts

Here is the background on that list. TLDR: it is using Facebook’s own Crowdtangle data and is put together by NYT journalist Kevin Roose

1 Like

Hopefully the top 20% isn’t just the irrelevant frothy bit that theorists of rational capital market activity insist isn’t a thing; and we can see continued, material, drops.

Best case, be sure we have copies of a few useful OCP standards and neutron purge the rest.

thanks! that’s really great info. so that list is in theory actually accurate ( and aligns with facebook’s own reports ) it shows the top ten most liked links by users of facebook pages.

that’s pretty specific but still interesting. it’s not necessarily what facebook users are sharing amongst themselves, or even what people are seeing or reading. it does show facebook pages are toxic. and ive definitely read bits on how militias, vax conspiracists, and others use them for organizing and spreading propaganda

1 Like

I wanted to write something witty connecting Facebook’s fate with AOL’s, had a look at Wikipedia and decided against it.

TIL: still worth 5 billion dollars, apparently.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.