Facebook loses daily users for the first time since it launched, stock price drops 20%

Originally published at: Facebook loses daily users for the first time since it launched, stock price drops 20% | Boing Boing

8 Likes

In these dark days it’s good to note that the good news also keeps on rolling in!

27 Likes

adventure-time-finn-happy

29 Likes

Aww, how meta sad.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Please just no buggy eyes this one time, ok?

2 Likes

4 Likes

I just dropped by, briefly, to say ('cos it’s been a while)…

4 Likes

I feel bad for the workaday employees who are losing hefty chunks of their life savings from this. This FB sell off is also affecting other tech stocks so it’s hurting all of us who work in tech right now.

I feel joy for this:

6 Likes

Hey Fox Business…

tom hiddleston idgaf GIF

4 Likes

Don’t even need to read the article, the headline says it all. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Season 2 Yes GIF by Paramount+

5 Likes

Have they figured out why?

10 Likes

how do they get that? wouldn’t that require internal facebook info?

here’s meta’s own quarterly transparency report:

2 Likes

Hard to believe Facebook is falling out of favor. Wait, no, not hard at all.

When it began as the new hot thing, it attracted young people. Within a few years, they were off elsewhere, and the average user was a 43-year-old woman playing Farmville.
Then Facebook went on a campaign of misinformation, leading directly and indirectly to the deaths of those older users.

Facebook murdered its users, and can’t understand where they went.

4 Likes

If only Facebook had a competent CEO.

2 Likes

Faceb👀k

3 Likes

Facebook is what you make of it. I still enjoy it as a way to keep in touch with family and freinds. I rarely see political stuff on my personal timeline.

When I wander into the local groups is where it gets all concpiracyeed up. That’s fun and all but not what I use Facebook for.

4 Likes

Their algorithm makes it very hard to use it that way, but that’s what I do as well. When you have friends literally all over the world, Facebook still can come in handy. I wish the algorithm would leave me the fuck alone though.

2 Likes

One show the top articles over a 24 hour period. The other showed an aggregation of the top external sites linked to over a 90 day period. Both can be correct.

The meal I’ve eaten most in the past 24 hours is a sandwich, but in the past 90 days pizza is the clear winner.

BTW that first link in Facebook’s report is a dead link. I’m sure they weren’t being untruthful.