Facebook rebrands as FACEBOOK

How can something be new and improved? If it’s new, there’s nothing to improve upon. If it’s improved, it’s because it isn’t new.

Short for Fucking Assholes Can Even Buy Out Our Kleptocracy

25 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

14 Likes

Yeah, that’ll make a difference.

7 Likes

I checked in with an anagram generator, and this was all it could manage:

5 found. Displaying all:
Face Book
Cafe Book
A Bock Foe
A Fob Coke
Fa Be Cook

I feel like their marketing department is just not trying. Or maybe, they finally decided that nothing telegraphs one’s IQ or one’s ability to make a cogent, facts-based argument better faster and more obviously than

WRITING IN ALL CAPS

… so maybe this rebrand is an upgrade. Or at least, a more blatant fail. :thinking:

2 Likes

Financially speaking, yes.
The other costs, well…

3 Likes

No it should be in the Thunberg font.

2 Likes

Next it will be
FACEBOOK!!!

6 Likes

STOP

4 Likes

I like:

• O Fab Coke
  • O Cake Fob (or, O Fake Cob)
  • OK Ace Fob
  • Back, O Foe!
  • Be Cook AF
8 Likes

y

17 Likes

The marketing team meetings at FB must have been hilarious in the run up to this “rebranding”. I mean “hilarious” in the most soul crushing way possible.

2 Likes

Does this mean that FACEBOOK is now a SOVEREIGN CITIZEN?

8 Likes

Zuckerberg and Spock. Both with bangs. Must drive this from my mind.

1 Like

Some people never got over RCA’s rebranding in the sixties. A modern font, and maybe a claim that the company’s name was “RCA” rather than a short version of “Radio Corporation of America”.

2 Likes

That’s WONDERFUL, CONGRATULATIONS!
I GUESS THE REBRANDING MARKS THEM OPTIMIZING FOR A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC?

4 Likes

The ones that like yelling?

4 Likes

So when we refer to the company do we have to shout it at an 11 with maximum excitement/terror?

5 Likes

What I’d really like to know is how much the brand consultants trousered for thirty seconds work* ( Format -> Change Case… -> UPPERCASE -> OK ).

• Most of which would have been spent firing up Word.
3 Likes

Then I approve of this bold, new move on their part.

5 Likes

Since caps get used for textual shouting and as something like scare quotes, I can’t help but see “FACEBOOK” as someone hoarsely screaming a creepy threat.

They have no place to go now but “FaCEboOk” and “Ḟ̸̢̢̬͈̭̹̬̥͗̆̕͘A̷͙͔̪̳͇͇͇͓͆̂͛̏͋͑͆̃C̵̼̫̒̂͋̈́͂̏̽̄͝Ḙ̷͕̦̰̥̹͈̜̣̟̺͌̑B̵̯̪͉̦͚̝͓̱̙̝̋̑ͅǪ̷͉̫̲͎̩̥̒̐̌̀̍̈́̓͑̎͘Ò̸̖͊̏̊͂͂͆͌̈́̄̿K̷̢̧̠̟̹̜̮̺̘͍̱͖̭̪̠̽̍̂̿̑̑̉̕͠.”

10 Likes