Facing intense backlash, Mike Flynn lies about advocating for a coup

Originally published at: Facing intense backlash, Mike Flynn lies about advocating for a coup | Boing Boing

14 Likes

34 Likes

Well, no one can question the loyalty of these people to the nation they proudly serve.

25 Likes

Army Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman offered to court-martial Flynn for sedition.

Then fucking DO it! So sick of people impotently shaking their fists and saying “why, I oughta…” while the alt right gears up for the next insurrection.

38 Likes

This, all day! Why is there NEVER any accountability when these seditionist fucks pull their dangerous bullshit?? So sick of this not-so gradual slide into full-on fascism here.

25 Likes

do it jewish GIF

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Make It So Star Trek GIF

30 Likes

Recalling him for active duty just to court martial him would be excellent - and long overdue, frankly. He’s been a traitorous weasel for years, now.

Well, it’s not up to that particular guy. Someone has to recall Flynn to active duty before he can be court-martialed, and then likely someone else needs to make the decision to court martial him and appoint that guy (or anyone else) as the prosecutor.

19 Likes

I don’t know how courts-martial work, but I’m guessing he doesn’t have the authority to bring charges. He’s offering to argue the case against him, should a court-martial be called.

13 Likes

I’m aware, but this applies to everyone involved with that process. If this is a real thing that could happen, it should BE happening and everyone with the power to do so should be pushing for it. The right has always been treated with kid gloves and allowed to (literally) get away with murder for generations. This NEEDS to end.

19 Likes

14 Likes

Brother of Lt Col Alexander Vindman, impeachment whistleblower. Yevgeny Vindman’s expected promotion to Colonel was held up by Trump loyaliists, probably out of vindictive spite.

17 Likes

Deport Flynn to Mother-Russia, Stat!

9 Likes

There’s such institutional acceptance of this shit, even when someone recognizes it’s a serious problem. I just saw this:

… and I’m thinking, “The US government knew he was dangerous (to his country)… and promoted him?”

13 Likes

I thought a major part of the CIA’s job was to take care of national security risks. Like, with a gun.

I mean they’re really good at killing democratically elected leaders all over the world. Flyyn doesn’t seem like a challenge.

8 Likes

If the criminal penaltiues attached to 18 U.S.C. § 792 et seq. have so far stayed his hand, an exiled Flynn will be far more willing to talk.

So Trumpers like what’s happening in Myanmar? That alone is insane.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Flynn lied?

I’m shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.
Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

3 Likes

I guess he can claim that he doesn’t know what’s going on in Minamar. /s

The CIA only “takes care of” left-wing “national security risks,” not right-wing threats, I guess.

5 Likes