Fact-checking Trump's plan for the first 100 days

I really like Booker and would have been thrilled if HRC had made him her running mate. But he’s probably considered far too radical for heartland America to accept (radical = scary & black).

Elizabeth Warren has my vote immediately if she decides to throw her hat in.

4 Likes

Of course you won’t. No matter what Trump does, health plans change every year. And yes, rates go up.

Ryan has already hinted “well, we’re repealing it sort of, but not immediately.” What I think that means is right off they repeal the unpopular parts. Unfortunately for him, that’s a couple of surtaxes and the name Obamacare. So first thing, let’s add to the deficit, you fiscally conservative stud you.

Then for the name. I’ve been saying for seven years they need to repeal the ACA and replace it with exactly the same law, except now it’s called RomneyCare. Take that, libtards!

Then, for the master stroke: repeal the whole thing, but make it effective January 25, 2020. This is called the Kick-the-Can amendment. Then announce to jubilant crowds they can keep their exchange plan, but Obamacare is finished.

4 Likes

January will be the beginning of something Huge!
BTW January is named for a Two Faced God.

5 Likes

#YesAllCraven #YesAllPartyChallengesOfMemberVotes #DriverlessNOPE

8 Likes
3 Likes

Trump isn’t even going to try to hide the corruption.

“This infrastructure project is so, so important, important to me personally, and the country, so so important to the country, that I got my own company to build it. When it’s done by Trump, you know it’ll be done right, know what I mean? Believe me, it’ll be great. So great.”

6 Likes

I’m baffled that this plan name-checks ‘public health’ as one of the things to cut. Do people hate public health? Is there a pro-zika lobby?

2 Likes

Well, given that they deliberately held up the vote to fund anti-zika measures because the Republicans literally wanted to be able to fly the confederate flag at military cemeteries and defund Planned Parenthood as part of the same bill… yeah. They might as well be.

7 Likes

Well, here’s a shocker.

It’ll be a yuuugge fence, mind. The best!

(presumably it’ll be strikingly similar to the fence that’s already there. Almost indistinguishable).

8 Likes

I figured he’d just discover the fence was pretty wall-like after all, add in the classy door (gate?) that he promised, and declare the whole promise fulfilled.

So, how’s that swamp draining going Donald?

3 Likes

I’ve always said that the ACA was like hiring the thieve’s guild to by the police department. By leaving the politically powerful* Insurance companies as an integral part of the process, they are free to continue to gouge the ill and the healthy to maximize profits. They just had to change their MO slightly.

*because they’re pretty free-spending with their ill-gotten gains if that spending is on lobbyists.

2 Likes

vs. Stephen Bannon, I’d take that.

(although Bannon is apparently going to be ‘Chief Strategist’)

1 Like
1 Like

Shedding Christie is a good idea for Trump’s team. They have enough problems already and he’s pretty toxic right now.

My NJ relatives are livid that Christie remains untouched even after two of his close aides said he knew all about Bridgegate. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a federal indictment or an impeachment attempt.

I would like to formally nominate Bernie to be Sir Samuel Vimes’ counterpart on Roundworld.

1 Like

Republicans aren’t suicidal. Despite their rhetoric, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to return to the pre-ACA bad old days. Kicking 20 million people off their insurance and allowing people to be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions would outrage more than just the liberals and democrats. Fact is, most of the parts of Obamacare are wildly popular.

I second that emotion, but Republicans demonized Warren just like they did Hillary. I worry she might seem too radical as well.

Yup.

The #1 problem with US healthcare is the wealth extracted by the parasitic private health insurance industry. If your plan doesn’t start with “annihilate the profits of the insurance companies”, it ain’t gonna work.

2 Likes

Really, every part of it, except for the name…