Fair food fix: California county fair hosts drive-thru events

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/07/fair-food-fix-california-coun.html

4 Likes

“. . .but that isn’t stopping them from offering deep-fried everything (and more!). . .”

3 Likes

health comes first when you buy your 6,000 calorie chipotle vanilla funnel cake

7 Likes

Fair food has always been Go Big or Go Home. It’s never subtle. You know what you’re getting into as soon as you cross that fairground line. :star_struck:

6 Likes

You know, you can just eat part of it. I mean, honestly, by four or five bites in, you’ve maxed your enjoyment anyway. Share it with family members, throw it away. The point of it being huge is to enable a higher item cost while you still think of it as a better (or not horrible) value- if you spend $10 on a funnel cake and it comes back a single serving, you feel like you’ve been ripped off, if it comes back HUGE you feel “Ah, that’s why it was $10!”… even though it’s only a minimal difference in food costs.

I would also say there’s a significant difference in the mortality of overindulging one day versus exposing yourself to a virus with a significant death rate. (Right now, due to horrible testing, we are seeing that about 10% of the cases where someone has either recovered or died has ended in death.)

3 Likes

well, i was just making a joke but thanks for all the info.

1 Like

I’m having major withdrawals right now… if anyone needs their county fair fix :relaxed:

I happened to hit Florida this year before the poop hit the fan and captured footage of the action.

1 Like

So much for any strides (oops, pun) walking and biking have made in the past few months. Drive through only.

We now return you to our regular car culture.

1 Like

Wow, I really like your videos :smiley:
Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks, me too! I finally figured out a decent setup which doesn’t get in the way of my photos and now all the fairs are canceled :sob:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.