Fake trailer for all those "White Middle-Aged Man Travels Around Again" shows from Britain

If only to laugh at the trouser/blazer colour combinations, the progammes are well made and researched but it is still Portillo.

2 Likes

He does live in Japan thou, thou he is more the 4th wheel on trash taste now, or the 2nd wheel to charmelian…

He pretty much started the whole genre back in 1989 with “Around the World in 80 Days with Michael Palin”.
Of course it helps that he’s Michael Palin, and thus ‘the nicest man in the world’ (as named by his fellow Pythons).

5 Likes

And Alan Whicker

2 Likes

“Babbage never foresaw the terrible consequences of his invention, a machine that would auto-correct his name to ‘cabbage’ every single time.
I almost chocked on my lunch.
Repeatedly too, that episode “Cunk on Britain episode three: The third Episode” is a gold mine.

Her deadpan delivery, the whimsical mispronunciations, the uncomfortable faces of the experts (95% white, middle aged males - Yay! I could be an expert!) are priceless.

4 Likes

I’d guess the outtakes from her interviews with them are priceless too. Nearly no one could keep a straight face with her as long as those experts seem to.

7 Likes

I’d guess the outtakes from her interviews with them are priceless too. Nearly no one could keep a straight face with her as long as those experts seem to.

She said much the same in an interview with Seth Meyers. She said it’s professionally gratifying when they laugh, but it also means they have to do the shot again, so there are mixed feelings.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.