Family Ties: Xitter's Yaccarino lets son in on the action

Originally published at: X's Yaccarino hires son

2 Likes

Kind of sad when a parent sets up their kid to fail spectacularly.

6 Likes

With every new move on her part, I’m less puzzled as to why she ended up as “CEO” of Xitter in the first place. As it turns out, the kind of Tom Wambsgans executive who rises to the top at NBC Universal was the perfect candidate to be Musk’s fall guy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was going to ask if she hates her son for some reason. That’s not going to look good on a resume in the future.

5 Likes

Imagine overhearing the phone call: “You want me to sell my son’s reputation for cash? … How much? … Really? … I’ll call him tonight.”

Parent of the Year.

3 Likes

Oh please. “Experience in the [some buzzword or other] industry.” Connected. Knows the lingo, knows the right people. This guy will fail upwards.

6 Likes

Nepotism, how does that work?

4 Likes

First, get a lot of Nepo.

5 Likes

Check, check, and blue check.

5 Likes

I think they’re just trying to get as much money out of the company as they can before its inevitable collapse. Not a bad opportunity if you’re an amoral money-driven sociopath who isn’t bothered by the idea of being part of society’s collapse into a fascist hellscape.

3 Likes

It is the simplest, most obvious assumption. These guys aren’t playing 5D chess; they are getting paid, not getting played.

3 Likes

On the other hand there might be a “you must sacrifice your firstborn to me” clause in her contract.
She did sign up with the future God-Emperor of Mars after all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.