Family values zealot Kristi Noem has been cheating on her husband for years, says Daily Mail

Originally published at: Family values zealot Kristi Noem has been cheating on her husband for years, says Daily Mail | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Hypocrisy is the pragmatism of the righteous; I suppose.

16 Likes

Daily Mail though. I now doubt the existence of South Dakota.

43 Likes

Well it’d explain why there’s no South Dakotan ska bands.

26 Likes

I was Born Again® for a few years. Turns out being born the first time was enough so it didn’t take. Bad time in my life, not something I’m proud of. Anyway, I was in that club for awhile, and if you didn’t know this, all they think about is rutting. You learn the secret handshake, they let their guard down and you realize, JFC, all they think about is getting laid.

It’s all so scandalous, you see, and they can’t stop bragging about it, but, you know, obliquely. My people now, friends, whatever, we get bagels or something on Sunday morning and maybe they had a sexy times last night, maybe not, who even cares, but they don’t FFS straight up tell me if they did like it’s 8th fucking grade. Evangelicals - grown ass adults - feel a need to do that, to make a winking announcement - to other grown ass adults - that they had sex. Hilarious, creepy and really, really sad, all at the same time.

That’s why the Access Hollywood tape didn’t sink Trump. To an Evangelical that behavior isn’t disqualifying. It’s bona fides. It makes him one of them.

37 Likes

Yeesh, Daily Mail

8 Likes

Some of the worst guys I knew in late teens/early 20s wore promise rings. One even hit on my GF - and he was dating someone else at the time!

I’ve warned my kiddo that just because a guy is “Christian” doesn’t mean they won’t use it as an excuse to get your guard down and take advantage of you.

13 Likes

Lewandowski has made the news a couple times for sexually assaulting women. I’m sure that doesn’t really distinguish him from others in Trump’s orbit, though attacking the wife of a donor while drunk may have drawn TFG’s displeasure. The drunk bit, not the sexual assault part of it.

5 Likes

To paraphrase Adam Sewer: “The hypocrisy is the point.”

5 Likes

21 Likes

LOL to date the only person I have personally known or met that was a ‘sex addict’ was SIL’s fiance, praise and worship leader at a megachurch, pinched for being involved with 5 (5? 5?!? Are you even serious right now?) women in the congregation. Simultaneously.

The deacons sent him to a sex rehab rancho in Arizona. SIL was fine. She had been hooking up with a co-worker the whole time.

12 Likes

The wife of a donor bit would be an issue if the donor stopped donating.

9 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sd-gov-kristi-noem-having-affair-with-trump-aide-corey-lewandowski-sources-say/ar-AA1gMiUF?fullscreen=true&cvid=4a36acf9c52e4a69923a743c4b6d0b18&ei=30#image=1

They make a cute couple.

(Nikki Haley has similar history, though she successfully buried it)

5 Likes

Given the respective origins, I say… LET THEM FIGHT!

4 Likes

sick puke GIF

12 Likes

The Clarence Thomas lifestyle.

14 Likes

Gun, Garden and Gavel Life

9 Likes

Oldie but goodie:

3 Likes

Our real estate agent warned us to not trust workers who show up early and conspicuously read a bible in the car while they wait. That’s a thing here. And sure enough she was proven correct.

14 Likes

IIRC there are passages in the Bible warning about people wearing the trappings of faith while not following any of the tenets.

16 Likes