Fan-made trailer for Wes Anderson's The Lord of the Rings

Originally published at: Fan-made trailer for Wes Anderson's The Lord of the Rings | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The footage is very cute and well done.

The voice over not only sounds voiced by an AI, but also written by one. (Perhaps it was, I didn’t watch the making-of.

2 Likes

maybe instead of fan-made we should start saying fan-prompted.

13 Likes

I want to see this film.

12 Likes

I approve of the trend of casting Owen “Wow” Wilson as the villains in these Wes Anderson re-makes.

8 Likes

Wes Anderson’s “Jaws: a whimsical tale of irresponsible local government.”

Matt Hooper (Bob Balaban), “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
The Shark (Owen Wilson), “Wow.”

8 Likes

So no casting for gollum?? perhaps William Defoe suitably emaciated-ified…? honestly these look rather promising. Do The Dark Cauldron ala the Coen brothers.

5 Likes

I was hoping for Steve Buscemi, but I suppose Willem Dafoe is more Andersonesque.

6 Likes

Yeah, these AI-generated trailers made out of nearly motionless images are starting to get out of hand. Real Wes Anderson movie trailers aren’t like that! And the many good Wes Anderson parodies that people have made aren’t like that either. I’m worried that the more of these that are made by AI, the more that AI gets trained on bad examples of “Wes Anderson style” and the whole system is feeding on itself and degenerating into something else that’s further and further from the original source material.

Let’s watch some real trailers to remind ourselves of what this is supposed to be imitating.

Here’s one to start:

12 Likes

Someone forgot to tell the AI that hobbits have harry feet!

4 Likes

meet Mr Harry Foote, auto racer (not hobbit)

there is a Harry Foote Sr. and Jr., so… Harry Feet?

6 Likes

Certainly not Hairy Foots!

Proudfeet Lotr GIF - Proudfeet Lotr Lord Of The Rings GIFs|400x165.46184738955824

4 Likes

Nods unnervingly.

There’s no need to parody Wes Anderson films, which are already parodies of themselves.

1 Like

Finally a reboot with seeing (if it existed)! Well, a remaining at least, worth seeing.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wes Anderson beyond Paradis?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.