Wes Anderson's Spider-Man

Originally published at: Wes Anderson's Spider-Man | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Wondering, has anyone asked Wes how he feels about aping his style becoming the viral trend of the month? (I mean, I might feel kinda freaked out by it. At the very least, I’d probably start looking at new typefonts to use.)

3 Likes

Like the movies, if you’ve seen one Wes Anderson parody, you’ve seen them all.

1 Like

(I still want to see all the movies though.)

5 Likes
6 Likes

I want to see Michael Bay’s “Moonrise Kingdom”.

6 Likes

ETA - actually read the post and this is apparently the first of these endless damn parodies, so

3 Likes

And at least they put some effort into it instead of outsourcing it to AI. The Owen Wilson dialogue is pretty spot-on, which is at least as important to Anderson’s films as the imagery.

4 Likes

Nah. Not even close to a fair characterization of his craft.

2 Likes

Maybe not, but it’s how I feel after seeing most of the movies. I just saw an in-theater preview of “Asteroid City,” and didn’t notice anything original. The guy is just phoning it in.

That’s like, your opinion, man. I’m getting a lot out of them.

4 Likes

He’s an auteur; that’s his schtick: he leans on his visual and plot stylings repeatedly over time, sometimes never veering from it. What may seem like “phoning it in” to you is a meticulously crafted piece of cinema to the rest of us.

2 Likes

I, for one, enjoy the director parody shorts.

1 Like

I really think the Mona Lisa is boring. Leonardo never veers from his style. Why should I look at it if I’ve already seen Lady with an Ermine?

1 Like

Huh? I was supporting your point!

Okay! :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.