What if the new Star Wars was a Wes Anderson film?

[Permalink]

1 Like

Not symmetrical enough for a Wes Anderson film !

7 Likes

That’s fantastic. I want to see that movie right now.

I like The Life Aquatic, but I would have loved to have seen Anderson try the setting in outer space. The grand coldness of space, combined with warm intimate relationships and wood paneling- it likely would have made my top 5 all-time list.

13 Likes

Failure. Does not use Futura; also, the French rings false. Cute idea, though.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s like a trailer put together by someone who has never watched a Wes Anderson film but only has an idea of what he represents. Random, non-Futura sans-serif? Lobster? Polaroids?

I don’t like what Wes Anderson has become, but this totally fails to hit on his aesthetic or the subsumption of content into that aesthetic.

3 Likes

Meh, kind of half-assed and not that amazing.

… and I’m going to guess that “Espace Fémme” would be both grammatically and orthographically correct. (Femme de l’Espace).

I was just thinking that it needed to be a flat ratio.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’d rather have Wes Anderson direct the new Star Wars film than J.J. Abrams. Owen Wilson as a Sith Lord would pretty sweet.

12 Likes

Even the famous Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders gets things wrong about Anderson. It ends with the assurance that it’s “Rated G”

But

Life Aquatic: R
Darjeeling Limited: R
Royal Tenenbaums: R
Rushmore: R
Bottle Rocket: R
Grand Budapest Hotel: R

OK, Moonrise Kingdom was PG-13, and Fantastic Mr Fox was a PG, but Anderson does know how to produce a movie for non-juvenile audiences. “Coterie” would probably earn an R, but for the “wrong” reasons.

3 Likes

I came here to say: “espace femme” translates to “woman space”, not “space woman”.

/maybe, he was talking about a mikveh?

2 Likes

From IMDB’s entry for the Granda Budapest Hotel:

Ratio
1.37 : 1 (1930s scenes)
1.85 : 1 (1985- scenes)
2.35 : 1 (1960s scenes)

IIRC, Andersen was thinking of using scope for Bottle Rocket.

3 Likes

The color palate need to be more washed out…

I was watching the Coen Brothers’ Inside Llewelyn Davis the other day, and although it’s a great film and a solid companion to “A Serious Man”, I found myself being annoyed by the color. It’s not that it’s an inappropriate grade; it’s that it’s graded at all.

Maybe the bad French is part of the joke?

Just saying.

5 Likes

Well, I’m disappointed by the [insert pedantic Wes Anderson movie style detail here]. That minor difference made it total waste of the last 90 seconds of my life. Not funny or clever. That fool!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.