Fani Willis sends scorching reply to Mark Meadow's request to show up late for arrest

Next time I get a speeding ticket, I’m going to tell them the timing is inconvient for me and I’ll show up later. Oh, and I need my court case in 2028, not the 3 months they automatically provide (assuming they still do that).

13 Likes

The letter is great, but that signature… ugh.

1 Like

Don’t know your formal sign-offs, huh?

12 Likes

This. My wife is a lawyer, so I’ve learned to speak Lawyer and this is absolutely Lawyer for “do not even think of fucking around with me.”

17 Likes

We can’t have a deck that’s all Jokers.

8 Likes

Fun fact: the lighting was actually pretty subdued. These guys are just that white.

6 Likes

It’s generated.

Weird nit pick to focus upon, yo.

9 Likes

I happen to like it. Says, “I’m doing this for your own good and the good of the society of which you are a part.”

(the sign-off, not signature)

7 Likes

What the hell. Why is there such a bright light drowning out the detail. Or are they just extremely shiny headed people?

3 Likes

As a designer, I agree, but then again, if you were Fani Willis, would you want your signature out there for people to mess with?

As for that letter … <chef’s kiss>

4 Likes

I would guess many people aren’t happy to be there, so they may have just wanted it up and out of reach.

1 Like

Like in that song by R.E.M.?

5 Likes

you mean Whitey Crappy People?

7 Likes

who are currently NOT laughing

8 Likes

Lawyers pride themselves on the most polite sounding sick burns. It’s a thing.

11 Likes

Once we get all the mugshots for all the people charged as part of his indictments, and have pictures for the people who haven’t been indicted but are involved in this insurrection story somehow (leaders of the January 6th mob, for example) I’d love to see someone create such a deck and offer it for sale. [The mugshots are public records, right?]

Maybe donate the profits to the police officers injured during January 6th (or the next of kin of those who died of J6-related causes.)

7 Likes

can-you-ever-forgive-me-kidding-me

1 Like

Not everyone can be Jean-Pierre Léaud

Most cynically, the camera setup encodes certain biases.

2 Likes

Time for a game of 45 Pickup!

3 Likes

I actually hope that she’s an amateur calligrapher and took the time to sign the letter with panache. Extra large, John Hancock-style.

2 Likes