Fani Willis sends scorching reply to Mark Meadow's request to show up late for arrest

Originally published at: Fani Willis sends scorching reply to Mark Meadow's request to show up late for arrest | Boing Boing

27 Likes

47 Likes

Ask as many times as you want, Mark. You’re still getting the same answer.

two-weeks

43 Likes

I believe the correct term is mugshat.

28 Likes

27 Likes

Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Jarritos

23 Likes

Sheesh, such awful lighting.

Which is great! Show these henchmen squirming under the harsh light of justice like the worms they are.

Fani Willis wrote,

Your client is no different than any other criminal defendant in this jurisdiction.

IIRC though, Tromp is different, and won’t be mugshat? Shame, that.

26 Likes

I thought Georgia was actually going to mugshot him? And possibly weigh him? A friend commented that it’s unprecedented how often everyone is saying unprecedented, so it may be a surprise yet again.

17 Likes

Not to be too picky, but I don’t consider the letter to be scorching. Certainly effective, direct, and capable of tanning his milky, pillowy, and otherwise entitled skin. But not scorching.

12 Likes

For lawyer-speak, this was pretty much “Fuck off. Be here or i will come get you.” Scorching is a matter of opinion, though.

33 Likes

service

I don’t think Mark Meadows (or his colleagues) understand, or give a damn about that word, its meaning, or the values it engenders.

10 Likes

Self Serving Service maybe.

5 Likes

Aaaand, they’re starting to flip (in the classified docs case, anyway).

The DOJ exempted him for the Federal indictments, but Fulton County is offering no such “courtesy”.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/02/fulton-county-sheriff-trump-will-have-mugshot-taken-if-indicted

24 Likes

And a camera positioned about seven feet up. Weird.

5 Likes

those mug shots, LOL. talk about the harsh glare of justice. can’t wait to collect the whole set!

12 Likes

Like the deck of cards for the Saddam regime.

Only we already know where all trump’s criminals are located.

14 Likes

Firm, no-nonsense, and professional. It leaves no doubt that the grownups are in charge. That’s better than a string of T***pian abuse.

13 Likes

Let the scapegoating commence!

An aide to former Vice President Mike Pence described former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows as the “ringleader” with much of the events that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

“I think that in your last panel, I think it was it’s fair to say that Mark was the ringleader of much the events that happened around January 6, he was somebody who was — the President sought to find additional attorneys who gave advice different than White House counsel, and it was very central to the events that happen on that day,” he added.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4166153-meadows-was-ringleader-in-effort-to-overturn-2020-election-pence-adviser-says/

9 Likes

12 Likes

my brother and i shared a room when we were younger and had a poster with all the Watergate players on it… each guy labeled indicted or convicted. fun times.

15 Likes