Fans of Brazil's new fascist president chant "Facebook! Facebook! Whatsapp! Whatsapp!" at inauguration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/03/world-more-connected.html

8 Likes

FascesBook

10 Likes

At first I thought “paid shills”, but then I remembered the Trump rallies.

11 Likes

I want to vomit until it’s the next century.

4 Likes

Another place I can’t even consider visiting.

15 Likes

Did citizens have a choice of who to vote for and then vote for this guy? If so, I’m going to say they are responsible for his election. There’s this weird thing where people blame the plate for the taste of the meal.

2 Likes

And if that bullshit didnt make you sick enough…

• They have announced that they will fire all civil servants of “opposing ideology”, who then after being sacked can go and have an “exit interview” to try to argue that they should be let back in.

• They have also announce that there will be 2 modalities of employment, one with the current worker protections and one without them, and you will be “free” to negotiate with your employer which one you want to be in… but then you cant never switch.

All in all… I mean, shit, I’m already angry all the time reading the daily bit of WTF from the US and the daily bit of WTF from Venezuela (born there, now in Spain), so now I have to add yet another daily dosis of sickening shit? Argh…

16 Likes

BiodegradableIdleGelding-max-1mb

11 Likes

Meet the new 21st century management, same as the old 20th century management.

3 Likes

4 Likes

/r/aBoringDystopia

2mbe2Z8

4 Likes

8 Likes

It’s only boring because the mass starvation hasn’t started in earnest yet; that’s when the dystopia gets really “exciting.”

5 Likes

Boring as more lame than we ever predicted, all the horrible trappings without all the Blade Runner style.

I think it could be summed up by this song:

2 Likes

Brazil has its ups and downs.

It’s a place where there’s really and seriouslythings worth fighting for.

3 Likes

I don’t doubt that - but as a trans person - my experience may not match yours.

13 Likes

Yeah… these asshats have just knocked Rio off my ‘bucket list’; got damn them.

9 Likes

None of that changes the fact that Bolsonaro is a fascist who was enabled by social media platforms.

9 Likes

As a Brazilian queer woman I am terrified. I want to get out of here.

9 Likes

In your shoes I’d be looking for the exit door, too. From the rhetoric I’m hearing this is going to be especially bad for LGBTQ Brazilians. Stay safe.

7 Likes