Fantastic trailer for The Green Knight

Originally published at: Fantastic trailer for The Green Knight | Boing Boing

13 Likes

This looks very exciting; it’s great to see how Dev Patel’s career has endured. A24 is the greatest film production company of the 21st C. Their output and quality is just astonishing.

8 Likes

This does look really amazing… I’m not familiar with Lowery’s work, but this looks like it could be a career maker.

8 Likes

Also: a talking fox.

edit: Retweets don’t imply endorsement, I don’t like the movie either. Didn’t mean to ruin anyone’s day!

15 Likes

Nice to see Groot getting more dramatic parts.

15 Likes

4 Likes

nice. when i was 8 or 9 mom got me a picture book about the story of sir gawain and the green knight. it was surprisingly graphic for the late 60s picture books. this looks cool.

happy cake day, btw.

7 Likes

Don’t eat too much cake, you get’a stomach’acake.

4 Likes

lol - i’ve been avoiding this because i kept seeing “the green knight” and i would think, “man, i just can’t keep up with all this Marvel stuff, pass…”

ok, this looks good. i’m in.

4 Likes

I was pretty gutted when the movie didnt come out last year, will finally have a chance to see it

3 Likes

looks like a blatant rip off of that one movie with the talking tree kid that only says one word and his talking raccoon space bandit buddy. Pass.

1 Like

I hope it is true for the original story. I’m sick and tired of cinematic ‘adaptations’ that take a premise, sell themselves as a retelling of the original material, and then proceed to go off on a completely different direction.

I’m loving the visual reference to Green Man of British religious architecture.

7 Likes

I was thinking:

what-does-the-fox-say-gif-10

5 Likes

Also, that’s not a misogynistic piece of “art”…

3 Likes

This does look good – and I hate everything!

1 Like

Turns out this story is based on an even earlier graphic novel than the Marvel series.

13 Likes

Is there a way to make the beheading game not graphic, I wonder?

I guess the decision was a foregone conclusion once they decided to make a picture book out of it.

2 Likes

Not just British. Probably the most famous green man depiction is in Bamberg cathedral

2 Likes