Far from critics' top lists, Voyager dominates Star Trek's most-rewatched episodes

I’m curious, why was time travel a deal-breaker for Enterprise? TOS had time travel. TNG had time travel. DS9 had time travel. Voyager had time travel.

Seems an unpopular viewpoint, but I liked Enterprise. Mostly. The Ferengi episode was a stupid breach of continuity, and don’t get me started about Frakes gate-crashing the finale.

… I don’t see why any explanation should be necessary, really…

1 Like

But isn’t it? We’ve had a handful of previous actions of that happening in Trek. I loved that DS9 got to play in the field by giving reality to religion (Prophets/Bajor’s worship) and having Sisko have to constantly ride that line* made for some great drama.

*Spoiler: In the end tho, the religious aspect was all applied by the bajorans, Sisko was just a pawn to the prophets to complete their non-linear puzzle. In the long run, it could be another one of those “did they steal this from Bab5?” after JMS had pitched them his story

Ah, but Enterprise had alien space nazis.

Alien. Space. Nazis.

2 Likes

Oh, so suddenly THAT’S a dealbreaker too?

10 Likes

Now that you bring it up, I also enjoyed that episode. I don’t keep the whole canon in my head (that space is reserved for pointless Myst trivia, thanks :wink:) so it just didn’t come to mind.

1 Like

I like the one where Janeway combats Sebastian Gorka:

10 Likes

Never would have seen Pulaski doin yoga.

4 Likes

Ooh, another Myst fan too! Shorah!

2 Likes

They could have at least been going from magic repair dock to magic repair doc, and maybe come across a photon torpedo tree somewhere, at least once.

4 Likes

They did establish that Voyager could fabricate pretty much anything they wanted with on-board replicators when they built that fancy new shuttlecraft. Maybe the Voyager just had a better makerspace than other Federation vessels. (A state-of-the-art phaser cutter, 4D printers, etc…)

5 Likes

The image that launched 1,000 fanfics.

4 Likes

It was better when they had to keep track.

I liked that about Galactica.

6 Likes

It’s on my Netflix playlist for that very reason.

1 Like

Yeah, that detail of constantly updating the audience on how many humans were left alive was pretty great. Of course they eventually had to bring in the Pegasus with its highly convenient on-board Viper factories to account for all the fighter ship losses.

2 Likes

Well, it would be a shame to do a reboot of BSG and not feature the Pegasus. Its more modern design with production facilities on board was completely logical at least. What angered me more was the loss of the Blackbird. Wasn’t even around for more than what 3 episodes? At least they blew up the Pegasus and reset that little dues ex.

You would probably like the new series of Voyager novels written by Kirsten Beyer. In it the latter-season Delta Quadrant races think of the Voyager as an angel of death cutting a swath of destruction through their space.

I enjoy them a lot myself, although I don’t really like how so much effort has been spent to return to the old show dynamic instead of making a new one hinted at in the first novel Full Circle.

In the other series, the time travel stories weren’t part of systematic narrative about some “Time War.”

3 Likes

It may have been convenient for plot purposes but I dunno if it really makes logical sense that a warship would have an on-board fighter ship factory. It’s not like they set aside a deck on the USS Gerald R. Ford to build F-35s.

1 Like

No fite. You are correct.

I didn’t even know this was a thing. Dish it!

3 Likes