Far-right commentator Matt Walsh explains the "science" of why mermaids can't be Black

A “scientifically accurate” mermaid would look something like this:

44 Likes

Indeed. Folks are now using AI to fill up their dark bubble of racism.

https://twitter.com/maxkennerly/status/1569635559223558145

17 Likes

Stop it, you’re ruining clam shell bras! :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

wait, does that mean that paler people should not be ABOVE the ocean?!

via GIPHY

Ariel tingled with excitement as the moment of consummation grew closer. The prince knocked gently on the door and asked if she was ready. A giggle escaped before she composed herself and told him to enter.

Awaiting the prince laid Ariel, her bright orange roe arranged into neat stacks on various satin and silk covered pillows. They glistened in the candle light with an almost mother-of-pearl like sheen.

22 Likes
5 Likes

Now I wish Disney had Geppetto craft Pinocchio out of dark mahogany in the new remake just to fuck with the bigots.

25 Likes

i like his takes on alot of things but his criminal background disturbs me

*citation needed :wink:

17 Likes

Speaking of which, I wonder how many of the far-right folks bemoaning the remake for being too woke and inclusive are aware that Ursula was modeled after a legendary Drag Queen.

32 Likes

The actual scientific reasoning is that the whole thing is entirely made up and the author can do what ever the fuck they want.

14 Likes

“wokecels”?

16 Likes

I hadn’t fully appreciated how exhausting bigotry must be. They must have to work so hard to maintain their world view at all costs.

(Of course it’s also the case that bigotry is exhausting for those who are permanently subjected to it, so there’s exhaustion enough for everyone).

6 Likes

Aww gees, I was gonna link to this Deja Voodoo - Coelacanth but decided against it for clarity’s sake.
The Shriekback one I had forgotten about.

4 Likes

I’ve heard bits and pieces of this story and it BOGGLES the mind that grown adults are talking/complaining/worrying about a MYTHICAL CREATURE IN A KIDS SHOW!!!

4 Likes

cetacean needed

39 Likes

Oh, for some reason it’s not so bad to be inclusive for villains. :expressionless:

Really though Ursula is just a much better character design. From a scientific perspective, if mermaids are even partially endothermic, Ariel is going to need calories like a hummingbird to keep from freezing. Ursula makes a lot more sense…maybe a little underweight but then she is in exile.

11 Likes

From a scientific perspective, and my wish, is that everyone should be crabs

9 Likes

ursula-the-little-mermaid

15 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t think too deeply about the starfish ones.

1 Like