Father Guido Sarducci's idea for the Five Minute University

Originally published at: Father Guido Sarducci's idea for the Five Minute University | Boing Boing

13 Likes

The Five Minute University would cost $20 and that would include tuition, cap and gown rental, diploma, and a graduation Polaroid.

…and snacks (for some reason, that part aways tickled me as a kid).

Novello is also behind this hilarious book.

6 Likes

He has always been heavily involved in education. Many people might know about his involvement with the Handsome Boy Modeling School

6 Likes

One of Cardinal Fungi’s favorite parts I am sure.

I remember enjoying this piece quite a bit when it came out, as I was in college. I eventually took him at his word and dropped out. No regrets.

5 Likes

Just thought I’d share. Back in the late 1980s I saw Guido at the Fairmont in SF. It was a dinner show and we dressed up. Now, I’d only seen him on SNL, but always thought he was really funny. At the time I must have been 20ish and would laugh at anything. My gf and I sat though the entire show without cracking a smile once. It sucked! Just wasn’t funny. To pay for the show $50 or $75 was added to the bill for dinner at the end. Dinner came to around $150 plus $75x2, so $300ish. Think I left 175 and got the hell out of there. Dine and dash isn’t normal behavior for me, but thought the breach of contract was on the entertainers side.

I spent so many, many hours working in advanced mathematics for electrical engineering and never used any of that in my career.

4 Likes

Came here for this. Thanks!

1 Like

the late, great Father Guido Sarducci (Don Novello)

Don’t scare me like that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.