Father's mind is blown when he learns he is going to have triplets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/27/fathers-mind-is-blown-when-h.html

3 Likes

Dad (To kid, excited): There’s three babies in Mommy’s tummy!
Kid (interior voice, thinking. Eyes Mommy with dawning horror): is Mommy going to eat me next?

36 Likes

Mind blown…it wasn’t two minutes before other factors crossed his mind. The size of their family is about to double. I hope they’re able to find a home with enough room!

20 Likes

Oh nooooooo

That’s why you gotta wear three condoms.

10 Likes

Exciting but scary AF.

Not just the implications of a big family or the exhausting prospect of three babies at once. Multiple births are more prone to medical complications, and the danger to both the mother and the children goes up substantially with each additional child. I hope they have good medical care and everything goes smoothly.

28 Likes

At least he knew ahead of time. I have an aunt and uncle that were expecting twins and on the day of delivery they found out it was actually triplets, my uncle was completely floored

8 Likes

This guy is Chris-Pratt levels of charismatic, I love this video! There’s a great alternation of uninhibited “holy fucking shit” reactions and talking in dad-mode to big brother “did you hear that Ryan?” as the different waves of reaction wash over him. I want to see an update in 3 years. I hope all goes well (it’s a risky thing when you’re expecting multiples…)

18 Likes

Speaking of triplets,

When I found out Elon had 5 sons, and now a 6th, I was judging. yes.
But now I find the first two sons are twins. Then the next are triplets.
I made a silent apology.

1 Like

I was once in Costco to buy diapers for my second girl shortly after she was born. I was tired as hell and swore that no more reproduction was going to happen with me.

Then I passed by a woman in the baby section. She had an in-line stroller with three car seats, obviously triplets. Bottoms of the stroller were filled since there was no way to push a cart at the same time. Eyes were bagged and sunken. The look on her face said “don’t F with me”.

I always stay sane by thinking that no matter how bad I have it, other people have it worse. This lady…I hope she’s still sane, too.

16 Likes

Yeah, I think the terror at the prospect would swamp the excitement, for me. (Not to mention sudden worry about the exploding costs of caring for all those children…)

2 Likes

"Oh, I’m stopping at two. I’m getting this thing cut at two… BWAAAAH! Four!"

I hope he votes Democrat, for what good that will do these days since we lost the candidates that would like people to not be impoverished by medical bills.

At least he seems like a good guy. I hope they can handle it.

Ah, wait, there’s always GoFundMe. They’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Next day, the couple’s little boy says, “Oh shit! Oh fuck!” And the shocked parents scold him for using bad language. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

im-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this-joe-exotic-tiger-king-meme

17 Likes

Best use of a Tiger King meme to date.

When we were trying to have a kid, I thought it would be cool to have fraternal twins - boy, girl, done.

I am not sure how I managed with one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In love with his reaction - ‘no idea what we’re going to do and beyond freaked out, but so excited’.

These guys are going to be fine.

4 Likes

To all non-Tiger King ascetics, the context for this quote is that, moments before, a Tiger King worker had just gotten her arm ripped off by a tiger.

5 Likes

There’s WIC and SNAP and Medicaid, but yeah, a sudden triplet family would probably fare better in a country with universal health care.

3 Likes
2 Likes

oh shiat where am I going to get all the money for the next 18yrs???

1 Like

My first thought was more Brad Leone. But Chris Pratt is equally spot on.