FBI charges woman with stealing Pelosi laptop and trying to send it to Russian intelligence

Stealing data from the government and selling it to a foreign power is the very definition of treason.

And yet those guys all think they are the patriots and congress is full of traitors.

Lock them up, just f$%king lock them up.

26 Likes

9.In the days following the January 6, 2021, events, a witness (“W1”) made several phone calls into the FBI’s telephone tip line related to the U.S. Capitol attacks. I have reviewed documentation of several of those calls. In them, the caller stated that he/she was the former romantic partner of RILEY JUNE WILLIAMS (“WILLIAMS”), that he/she saw WILLIAMS depicted in video footage taken on January 6, 2021, from inside the U.S. Capitol Building. W1 stated that WILLIAMS can be seen directing crowds inside the U.S. Capitol Building up a staircase. The caller specified the uniform resource locator (“url”) for a YouTube video that he/she was describing as url: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jJiSmVktty4&feature=youtu.be. W1 also claimed to have spoken to friends of WILLIAMS, who showed W1 a video of WILLIAMS taking a laptop computer or hard drive fro m Speaker Pelosi’s office. W1 stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service. According to W1, the transfer of the computer device to Russia fell through for unknown reasons and WILLIAMS still has the computer device or destroyed it. This matter remains under investigation.

Eh… not trying to play devil’s advocate, but this is a bit iffy. W1 is an ex-romantic partner. W1 spoke with her “friends”, unnamed, from whom they learned of the plot. So, W1 wasn’t there, didn’t speak with her, got hearsay descriptions of events from third parties, and watched the same videos everyone else did. Basically Witness 1 wasn’t a witness to anything at all. The whole laptop scheme isn’t mentioned in the probable cause descriptions at the end.

I am unsure why NBC News is reporting in their tweet that W1 spoke with her. The material doesn’t seem to say that.

That said, I am not disputing she needs to go to jail for a very long time. I am just reserving judgement on the whole “selling stolen laptops to Russian intelligence” thing until something a little more concrete arises. I think maybe those reporting this should, too.

8 Likes

For real, though, good on her mother. I’m sure that must’ve been a difficult thing to do, but this woman is a literal traitor, trying to sell confidential government information to an enemy of the state. Absolutely horrifying.

9 Likes

WILLIAMS still has the computer device or destroyed it

That sure sounds an awful lot like “we don’t actually have a clue where the laptop is currently”

13 Likes

OH good point. We executed a couple for that in the 50s. And hey, Trump made firing squad an option now for federal executions.

1 Like

If you want to understand all this, a good factoid to ponder is a Trump supporter stealing Nancy Pelosi’s laptop and trying to send it to the Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation without herself having been paid or recruited.

I think what happened is: Trump has been so fulsome in his praise for Putin and so derogatory regarding the FBI, DOJ, and intelligence services, that the woman was sending it to a “friendly” foreign power, so that they could uncover the “real” truth. I mean, the entire US government has let her down vis à vis the election “being stolen”. All Democrats and even many Republicans cannot be trusted. UK, France, and Germany have been derogated by Trump (so she cannot give it to them), let alone the International Criminal Court (which, if she even knew about it, she’d know they were globalists.) Russia, when you think about it, really is the only logical investigating body for a right-thinking person to turn to.

Another motivation: regarding Russia as “friendly” mitigates any blame Trump receives for having received the stolen emails. If you make friends with the person who just stole your wallet, you can convince yourself that, well, he’s a nice guy and he needed the wallet more.

What’s fascinating is how the Russians (Soviets) used to be “the good guys” to the Left. (eg, when Communism was a lonely proponent for unions/minority rights/etc from the 1920s onward.)

Now, they’re “the good guys” to the Right-- for committing espionage on the workings of the US government.

14 Likes

Hardly a new mindset for Trumpists. This is the kind of thing they were wearing BEFORE the made-up nonsense about Democrats stealing the election.

Here’s video footage of Trump supporters enthusiastically thanking Putin in 2016:

19 Likes

It’s rather refreshing to see all these people getting ratted out by their parents/spouses/siblings/friends/exes if I’m being honest.

16 Likes

Oh I am aware, but sending a laptop which I assume might have classified documents on it to Russia is a whole new tier.

6 Likes

This is interesting considering how often espionage just means seeking those disgruntled people who are for whatever reasons willing to betray their country or organization and exploiting them as resources. Damn people really need to stop using popular fantasy to build their expectations of reality. I won’t hold my breath though.

9 Likes

Jesus Christ. “Patriots.”

I guess when your model for “patriotism” is Donald Trump, it makes sense…

All these people seem to be getting turned in by those close to them - children, spouses, siblings - which really shows how their turn to Trumpism was like joining a cult, alienating them from their own families.

It’s like a Zen koan.

Heck, odds are good she thought BLM protesters should be shot.

That’s all right - as far as these people are concerned, based on policy, Reagan was a commie libtard.

11 Likes

My brother is pretty far right. I don’t think he’s that far right and says he refused to vote for Trump (at least 4 years ago, but didn’t vote for HRC unlike our father who voted Dem for the first time in that election). He’s stopped talking to us some point this year before the election. No clue if his stance on Trump has changed. I wouldn’t expect him to be in that mess of fascists at DC protests but I guess if it turned out he was I would be more disappointed than surprised and yes I’d do the same if he was committing treason.

4 Likes

11 Likes

To me, it speaks to what kind of truly horrible people they must be in 3D life.

My mom and close fam members are ‘ride or die’; even if they knew for fact that I’d done some dirt, they still wouldn’t turn me in.

They’d read me the riot act and I’d never hear the end of how badly I’d fucked up… but going to the authorities would not happen.

But then again, I’m not audacious enough or stupid enough to ever do some ill-advised shit like storming the freakin Capitol building.

17 Likes

Well, Dale did always have a clear authoritarian streak.

Seriously, though that sucks and I really feel for you. Mrs. Peas’ sister and brother in law have alienated themselves from the whole family in the last year with anti-BLM racism and Q-level fear mongering. She blocked pretty much everyone on FB and at least Mrs. Peas from even calling/texting. Apparently, it got so bad that FB suspended her account last week, which was funny but also really, really depressing. I have no idea how this family heals going forward or how she is able to return to anything baseline “normal”. I’m sad to hear you’re in the same boat and really hope he can find a path back to sanity.

6 Likes

Damn, this is Porch Pirate, US Capitol edition…

15 Likes

“They’re wearing horns these days, George, horns and furs. How’s Anne?”

“Few men can resist expressing their appetites when they’re making a fantasy about themselves.” -Tinker, Tailor

9 Likes

Yeah, a lot of the accounts coming out corroborate this. This poor woman seems to have been continually abused and ostracized by her family for her sexual orientation and politics. I guess if you’ve never treated someone as family in the first place, it’s hard to rely on that as a shield.

Edited to correct grammar.

12 Likes

This is an interesting new alternate definition of the word “patriot”.

2 Likes

Even after ALL of 2020, this managed a gasp from me. Wow, just wow.

1 Like