Pennsylvania woman who helped steal Nancy Pelosi's laptop on Jan. 6 sentenced to 3 years in prison

Originally published at: Pennsylvania woman who helped steal Nancy Pelosi's laptop on Jan. 6 sentenced to 3 years in prison | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I wouldn’t exactly call Harrisburg “far right”. It’s more Lefty than Philadelphia.

:wink:

3 Likes

Three years for giving/selling the laptop of the Speaker of the House to Russians?

ETA:
badcat13 below notes that there’s weak evidence of Russian involvement, and that may be misinfo from a shitty ex. Though, if anyone had their hands on the laptop that they know belongs to the Speaker of the House, and the laptop went away without an excellent explanation of the laptop’s whereabouts, I’d still think there’d be espionage related charges.

11 Likes

That seems astonishingly weaksauce.

Going by GSA IT products; it would be a real surprise if the laptop the speaker of the house is using is under $1000; quite possibly a fair bit more if some combination of the-C-suite-gets-shiny-toys and subject-to-extra-fancy-security-requirements gets her bumped to something desirable and/or fully verified for humorless PIV/CAC compatibility stuff. Not necessarily enough to get people to care and push for the upper edge of the possible in terms of sentencing; but even as a purely apolitical bit of 18 U.S. Code § 641 violating or state level felony theft you could get actual jail time for grabbing that sort of thing; and this obviously wasn’t a purely apolitical bit of property crime.

8 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

It’s certainly further west.

13 Likes

I have reason to suspect this story wasn’t accurate (it was told to reporters by an ex-boyfriend that was stalking her)

4 Likes

“A year and a day” seems like a strange sentence for the defense to ask for, as if she went into the underbrush and was captured by faeries, returning in one day’s subjective time.

15 Likes

maybe then we can just call her a traitor.

4 Likes

Talk about a ‘slap on the wrist.’

27 Likes

I know that “ad” works better with Duffle, but my mind keeps changing it to “Doofus.”

13 Likes

In the United States federal system, only sentences exceeding one year allow prisoners to obtain early release for good behaviour while incarcerated.

Year and a day rule - Wikipedia

13 Likes

Hey, if the coat fits…

12 Likes

Meanwhile Frump celebrated her patriotism by playing 18 today in her honor.

lol jk, he doesn’t care about her at all. He’s working on the next insurrections.

7 Likes

Before being sentenced, Williams said she was embarrassed by what she called the actions of a “young and stupid girl.” She added that she’s now a responsible woman.

Ah, youth and the wacky hi-jinx it brings, with (checks notes) assault rifles and self-promoted nazi salutes.

I’ve met young and stupid girls. They weren’t this.

27 Likes

Young, stupid and with a dark ideology. Not the dating profile many would gravitate towards.

3 Likes

Interesting, did not know. thx.
And in Canada we have the two year rule:
The “two-year rule” (s.743.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada ) refers to the federal-provincial jurisdictional split between sentences of two years or more and sentences of less than two years. Sentences of two years or more are served in federal penitentiaries. Sentences of less than two years are served in provincial prisons.

Hence, the sentences of “Two years less a day” which puts criminals in the provincial penal systems as opposed to the federal system.

8 Likes

AFAIK she is a femcel.

I was wrong about that…

5 Likes

Should be a planet named Dumbcel for these types.

With no atmosphere.

5 Likes

Five years later, wise-cracking special ops mercenary Mankiller Jones and their companion Dr. Morrison venture to Incel Island on an important mission for the military, and in the process become the first women (or people perceived as women) the inhabitants of Incel Island have seen in years. Along with a ragtag group of Nice Guys, Mankiller and Dr. Morrison encounter hordes of CHUDs, Volcels, Betas, and the King of the Incels himself as they try to escape the island prison.

On Incel Island, somebody’s about to get laid…to rest.

5 Likes