Man who propped his legs on Nancy Pelosi's desk on Jan 6 found guilty

Originally published at: Man who propped his legs on Nancy Pelosi's desk on Jan 6 found guilty | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Did they also tell you to steal some of Pelosi’s mail?

All these guys were bragging about what they did, until suddenly they got hit with charges.

35 Likes

richard “bigot” barnett should have remained in jail until sentencing.
cwaa

33 Likes

62-year-old Richard “Bigo” Barnett,

“Bigo”?

the self-proclaimed white nationalist from Arkansas

OK, that nickname is best described as “on-poin” and “correc.”

52 Likes

If he’s lucky his cellmate will let this smug Nazi put his feet up on the toilet in their cell. His retirement years are off to a golden start.

18 Likes

“I’m sure this will never come back to haunt me.”

(Pic from Richard Barnett, Arkansas man pictured in Pelosi’s chair amid Capitol riot, faces 11 years in prison)

20 Likes

Good.

15 Likes

Re: Looking for a bathroom… :thinking: :mag:

https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/visit/maps-and-brochures/capitol-visitor-center-indoor-map

18 Likes

Fucking Around: Ha ha insurrection is awesome!
Finding Out: Why didn’t anyone tell me that actions carry tangible consequences?

35 Likes

Lock him up?

13 Likes

FTFA:
A jury deliberated for approximately two hours before unanimously convicting Richard “Bigo” Barnett on all eight counts in his indictment, including felony charges…

Surprised it took that long, but at least he will no longer be able to [legally] own firearms.

The judge agreed to let Barnett remain free on certain conditions until his sentencing.

I wonder what those ‘certain conditions’ are… if they are anything less than ‘house arrest’, ‘no contact with the media’ and ‘no internet’, then this is bullshit.

Barnett…testified last Thursday that he was looking for a bathroom inside the Capitol when he unwittingly entered Pelosi’s office and encountered two news photographers.

Ah. Perjury. Looks like 3 instances of it.

Barnett is a retired firefighter from Gravette, Arkansas. He said he regrets coming to Washington for the “Stop the Steal” rally…

I would wager he regrets getting caught more than anything else.

“Two years of lost life. Misery for my family,” he said.

Well, FA & FO.
At least ten more years of the same sounds reasonable.
As your ilk are fond of reminding the rest of us:
“If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.”

While on house arrest last year, Barnett raised money by charging donors $100 for photos of him with his feet on a desk.

Since he is now a convicted felon, he should no longer get to profit frim his crimes. Maybe the judge took note of this.

26 Likes

His next life goal is putting his feet up on the warden’s desk.

21 Likes

I recall reading he wanted to copyright the phrase “Bigo was here” (what he wrote on Pelosi’s stationary), well after the event, and this was used in the case against him.

14 Likes

Gosh, it only took videotape, confession, and two years.

Maybe he’ll get 6 months to put his affairs in order before showing up to prison, like Elizabeth Smart.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Unfortunately, his peers are also serving time and would not be available to serve on a jury, but that’s beside the point.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

22 Likes

It would be much less deserved than it was for Andy Dufresne, tho.

4 Likes

This is better:
BIGO_IS_HERE

22 Likes

It’s French. Like merlot or Colbert.

9 Likes

Or maybe just sobeone with a bad head code.

Bigo! I god Bigo!

10 Likes