Self-pitying Capitol rioter Rachel Powell, headed for prison, shows no remorse in CNN interview

Originally published at: Self-pitying Capitol rioter Rachel Powell, headed for prison, shows no remorse in CNN interview - Boing Boing

9 Likes

Someone put that ice axe in my hands! And I only held it long enough to smash through that window!

3D What GIF by GIPHY Studios 2022

34 Likes

Party of personal responsibility folks…

38 Likes

I don’t deserve this.

:laughing:

22 Likes

Having watched the clip, she turned on those white woman tears didn’t she? She’s still part of the cult, for sure.

24 Likes

“Axes don’t smash windows, people smash windows. Er-wait, I was cleaning it and it went off”.

19 Likes

Lock her up.

20 Likes

Tell us another thing that “they” have taken from you, Rachel. We’re waiting.

24 Likes

It was an “unexpected axe-involved incident in which a window was broken”, for a maximal “nobody’s fault” headline?

22 Likes

field_barron

29 Likes

Well, yeah, I can see that. I mean who amongst us hasn’t been walking around the Capital having a peaceful little tourist visit and suddenly found ourselves holding an axe ax that someone mysteriously handed to us? When that happens, it’s only natural that you’d accidentally violently smash a window, right?

21 Likes

Did someone mysteriously hand her the battering ram as well? Or did she mysteriously bring it with her?

9 Likes

This woman and many other convicted insurrectionists are proud of the violence, say they would do it again, bragged about it (until they got caught), perhaps even think their only failing was not being more violent (as in: violent enough to keep Trump in power.)

So. . . where does the FBI or antifa fit into that?

20 Likes

43-year-old grandmother of six

The math on that is scary if that’s true.

24 Likes

I think we should be writing to all these people letting them know how much we appreciate their efforts at making our license plates

7 Likes

Obviously once she handed off the ice axe, possibly while trying to return it to its rightful owner, someone gave her the battering ram in exchange. And you know what they say about having a battering ram, “ya gotta batter somethin’.”

19 Likes

ok, so i agree that maybe her children don’t deserve this, but maybe she should’ve thought of them before she bought into the whole whack-job MAGA thing to begin with.

21 Likes

Her children are (assumably) mostly adults or late-teens as she has 6 grandchildren, and there is a better than even chance that they, being raised by this woman, having multiple children at a very young age, have plenty of issues themselves. Maybe they are good, upstanding, empathic people with level heads on their shoulders, but I would certainly take that bet that they are not.

8 Likes

She totally deserves this.

16 Likes

just offering them the benefit of doubt, since i don’t see them rushing to her defense or anything.

9 Likes