FBI investigating right-wing troll's bungled attempt to accuse Mueller of rape

I thought my friends when I was 20 were idiots, but at least they confined their troublemaking to toll jumping and drunken potato guns.

12 Likes

Surefire’s team is made up entirely of stolen photos. They even used Christoph Waltz.

16 Likes

When he was on the Gilbert Gottfried podcast he said he has no regrets about it and all the other actors he was working with who were actually English said nary a word to him about how bad or good it was at the time.

ETA which in the article I see.

9 Likes

I suspect they were trying really hard not to laugh.
OMG nobody tell him!!!” - Or whatever they would have said 50 years ago.

12 Likes

They should have hired a master of disguise.

Or maybe Mr. Peanut.

23 Likes

Now he has to hire a PR professional to do damage control. I’m sure his idol has already recommended the best, really the most elegant one: John Barron.

13 Likes

If only every alt-rig-- I mean nazis were as incompetent…

11 Likes

So, do you think any of the MRAs will look at this and say:

“Hey, I guess the mere accusation of rape really isn’t enough to ruin a man’s life. It seems like you can’t just pay someone to make wild claims and hjave the world believe it.”

16 Likes

I disagree. I think they’ll run it, BUT pitch it in a way that implies Mueller is actually guilty of “something”. Like… why have the democrats invested so much time and effort into ruining this fine young man’s life? Why are they protecting Mueller? What are they hiding?

Etc.

18 Likes

Or Chauncey Gardner.

Or Zippy.

Or - what the hell?

8 Likes

Especially when he’s obviously the tool of Deep Right Money.

(Categories at the bottom.)

8 Likes

I remember being twenty and the “getting away with anything” meant smuggling a handle of cheap whiskey into a dry dorm.

Not crafting a fradulant company to make false accusations of rape against the most prominent law enforcement figure in the United States.

Which is fucking insane regardless of age.

There’s a reason we call these sorts of events farce.

18 Likes

I fundamentally disagree.
It could be a spinoff, perhaps with a second cousin of Maeby and George Michael’s.

11 Likes

James O Keefe looks like a slob. Roger Stone looks eccentric.

4 Likes

And a ProtonMail.com email address.Their contact page shows offices in New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Irvine, Zurich, London, and Tel Aviv. You would think they would have an Email server and a domain. LA and Irvine have the same phone number.

It’s almost like he isn’t even trying.

8 Likes

He’s just an icon of Republican fashion.
He writes a blog - Sone on Style

He helped dress Kellyanne for the inauguration.

10 Likes

In the dark, I assume.

16 Likes

Every parade needs a Drum Majorette.

23 Likes

I think this is really just the inevitable result of the right’s endless projection. They don’t bother with journalistic integrity or investigative rigor, so why would anyone else not fall for such an obvious freaking con job? All they see are the outcomes of investigative journalism in reports on sexual assault (and basically everything else), without understanding the legwork that goes into verifying those claims before they ever make it to print. So they think it really is just as easy as saying whatever they think is most damaging to a news outlet, and the reporters there will dutifully and uncritically stenograph their claims to the public.

That’s not to say that political journalism doesn’t have a stenography problem (see, for instance, literally every story ever written about Paul Ryan), but they do tend to be more studious when it comes to these sorts of things, especially when the stakes are as high as they are right now. It didn’t work when Moore’s supporters tried to undermine his real victims by pitching fake allegations to WaPo during the Alabama special election, and unsurprisingly, it didn’t work now.

26 Likes

Wohl did not respond to my DM requesting comment, presumably because he has thrown all of his electronic devices into the Pacific Ocean and will never appear in public life again.

16 Likes