FBI surveillance van from the 1980s on eBay

I bet the inside smells like stale coffee and boredom.

5 Likes

FREE CANDY

(Disqus adds: Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?)

1 Like

An Atari 2600 would match the decor and reduce the boredom.

2 Likes

Some of the AV gear was installed very recently. That’s the current model of Shure mixer and the Kramer switch looks less than 20 years old.

2 Likes

If I had cash to burn, I would buy this…

I don’t ever recall seeing LCD screens on anything bigger than a calculator in the 1980s, either…this could easily have been in use, until quite recently.

1 Like

I wouldn’t pay the current bid of $18K for a 1989 model, even with its obsolete upgrades. But if I played the kind of lottery where this van was a prize, that’s what I would do if I won.

If I won a proper lottery with a cash prize, I might spend some walking-around money on this van and donate it to a museum.

I’m most taken with the embossing tape on the speedometer telling you what side the gas fill is on.

Yep. those LCD screens look like early 2000’s vintage.

I guess if you spend a lot of money wiring up and outfitting the van, you use it until it’s age starts to make it stand out from the crowd. 15-year old vans aren’t uncommon around here, but 25 year old vans in good condition are rare.

and nice custom van paneling. Any shag?

Now I want WILCO to do something interesting with it.

Just needs a new paint job

3 Likes

"In a deliberate parody (Just like every other trope invoked in the film), the heroes of the first Attack of the Killer Tomatoes movie traveled in a car with the words “F.I.A. Unmarked Car Pool” painted on it."

See also:
http://209.15.34.67/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpiesInAVan

1 Like

I still see plumber vans like exactly like that in California…now, I gotta wonder…

How much for the full party van?

1 Like

How much cash do you have on your person, citizen?

I’d imagine trying to get the smell of donuts and spilled creamer out would be quite a chore.

1 Like

Good point. Worse yet, those smells will attract bears.

1 Like

If this one has the fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, note that those are actually microphones.

1 Like