FBI SWAT team raids YouTube star Jake Paul's mansion

Except he recorded himself committing a crime AND he apparently had a cache of illegal weapons… If someone has a cache of weapons, it’s very likely they can come out guns blazing… the same arguments were made about Ruby Ridge, which was another case where the authorities had reason to be there (serving a warrant). Randy Weaver had been a known associate of a violent gang nearby, on top of his illegal activities.

Compare this to what happened to Kathryn Johnston:

Or look at my above post about Fair Wayne Bryant…

You tell me what is “overpolicing” in these stories - the cops serving a legitimate warrant (in both the Ruby Ridge cases and in this case) or what has happened to Bryant and the no knock BS that killed a 90 year old woman?

This has been a problem for more than century… it goes right back to the origins of modern policing in America. It seems like people only care when it’s white men who are on the receiving end of this…

9 Likes

The thing is they could have plain clothed FBI officers and uniformed officers with those vests that said FBI on them to carry out the warrant and search without the folks wearing fatigues. Nobody in their right mind thinks the Paul estate is like David Koresh’s compound. The Pauls are certainly no masterminds, that’s for sure.

I honestly bet this is theatics from the Trump admin. Something to play on Fox News, the Blaze and OANN to get the old people who aren’t familiar with Paul to vilify him (well, vilify much more than normal). Same kind of stuff the feds did in Portland. Second verse same as the first.

2 Likes

Yet there were GUNS on the premises… :woman_shrugging:

I think people are confusing a possibly slight over reaction to a real threat by the FBI vs. violently policing Black communities as standard procedure. Just this week, we had video of a Black family being pulled out of their car and handcuffed for no reason.

So perhaps this raid was a bit over the top, but the investigation seems on the up and up, and being cautious when high caliber guns are known to be involved…

8 Likes

Except the protesters in Portland were exercising their rights and trying to do something meaningful to change society for the better.

The same cannot be said of Paul.

8 Likes

What exactly does owning a rifle in California have to do with allegedly looting a mall in Arizona?
I think he is being made an example of because he showed footage of the violence and looting that did not fit the narrative that this was a peaceful protest.

Are you kidding? The Federal authorities and local cops WANT us all to think they are violent protests… I suggest that there is in fact some there there… and of course, we don’t know what they were looking for exactly or what was in the warrant… all that will come out in the court proceedings.

But if you think the Feds and Cops are looking to support the protests against police brutality and in favor of BLM… well… I don’t know what to tell you, except maybe stop watching Fox news? Because it was the federal authorities and the cops that have been committing the most acts of violence at these protests…

6 Likes

That makes no logical sense; if Logan “exposed” violence on the part of the protesters, that is the preferred narrative that 45 & Co want to promote rather than the truth - that it’s the storm troopers and US Gestapo who incite the majority of the violence.

Oh, and the people Logan was caught looting mall with weren’t BLM protesters…

4 Likes

I haven’t heard anything that indicates the weapons were illegally owned. “Assault weapons”, magazine capacity limitations and storage requirements are a California state law, not a Federal one so that doesn’t really check the FBI box as far as I can tell.
More will be revealed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.