FBI warned of "war" on the Capitol day before attack

20 Likes

Oh yes.

It fits with their hard right views that the government is always the problem and that all social ills can be solved by deregulation and tax cuts. The more they hamper and damage government functions, they more they jump up and down and yell about how government fucks everything up and look how right we were! The problem, of course, is that they refuse to work on legislation that deals with real world problems because they don’t believe government can ever fix problems, only make them. Hence, they keep electing people who promise to do all they can to push all problem solving into the private sector and then they use their government power to fuck up the government.

I think we know the answer to that, for most Republicans.

14 Likes
10 Likes

I am puzzled at why he was doing a foreign trip seven days before his job ends.

8 Likes

last chance for some duty free shopping on uncle sugar’s dime?

Edit: Golf yesterday, Deutschebank today. It’s not a great week for the mango.

edit: impeached tomorrow? :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Pompeo is looking at a Presidential run - hence all the videos he’s pumping out on Twitter about how great the US is on his watch.

The Europe trip was meant to cement that - presumably he was going to trash the EU and blame Europe for everything - which would play well with the religious nutters he’s appealing to.

10 Likes

Before I had children I wondered how I was going to get across to them how uniquely terrible a president GWB was. It turns out to have been less a problem than I’d anticipated.

I’ve begun to believe the theory that the next Trump won’t be the the competent version, but the QAnon (or, say, QAnon-er) version. Which is pretty terrible for many reasons, but my current guess is it’ll bring fewer votes in the general than Trump got.

As for the memory hole issue… think of how soon people voted Republican after Watergate. And Iran-Contra. And everything GWB. The only solution is structural reform: open primaries, instant runoff voting, ending gerrymandering, the National Popular Vote, mail-in voting, …

7 Likes

NYT reporting that Mitch McConnell believes Trump has committed impeachable crimes:

[McConnell] has told associates he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.

8 Likes
13 Likes

“Coup Klutz Qlan” should be the tag. :wink:

6 Likes

Pompeo’s investigative “Who Can Guarantee Sanctuary for Trump” tour… nipped in the bud.

14 Likes

The day the DHS was actually needed, it did nothing.

12 Likes

I hope Turtles can be just as accommodating (although selfishly) and have a word or two with Pence. “No pardon for Trump.”

1 Like

… which proves once again that all it does is waste taxpayer money and provide the illusion of security.

6 Likes

Mitch just endorsed impeachment. Trump is toast.

6 Likes

Trump must have outlived his usefulness to Putin, so Moscow Mitch has been given his marching orders?

This way, Trump gets to perform one last service for his puppet master: pour encourager les autres

6 Likes

That or the turtle has decided revenge can be served still warm for losing him the senate?

5 Likes

Here’s my plan to defangithe propaganda machine while letting the right-wing loonies say “I told you so.” George Soros buys out Newscorp. Win win!

2 Likes

That fucking guy. Defo his last term, can’t wait to watch Schumer repeatedly raise his eyebrows at him

1 Like

Trump’s outlived his usefulness and Mitch knows it’s better to cut him off now than deal with the ongoing sustained damage that he and his ass-kissers are doing to the party.

8 Likes