FBI warned of "war" on the Capitol day before attack

It’s gone well beyond Fox news at this point.

8 Likes

Trump administration officials set up a number of last-minute foreign trips, most of which didn’t make any sense.

8 Likes

Moving the physical gold before they have to go on the run from sedition charges?

8 Likes

My guess is all the last-minute foreign trips planned were intended to convince the governments of those other countries to recognize Trump as still being in power after the coup, to help seal his new “President for Life” status.

8 Likes

Waiting for what? Was it to seize power after the mob had done its work?

1 Like

I think it’s actually a combination of things - although a few trips involved meetings with international groups and fixed dates, there were also last minute vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, last minute attempts to help cement their policy agendas (and also to undercut the early days of Biden, e.g. the trip to Taiwan), and trips to make the individuals involved look good for their future political aspirations.

I think these late trips were happening precisely because they didn’t expect to be around after January 20th, particularly since some involve creating last-minute provocations that the Biden administration will have to deal with, not Trump (who was too cowardly to do them during his administration when he’d have to deal with the fall-out).

7 Likes

Have you seen those “Federal Protective Service” goons?

Three-days-out-of-the-military buzz-cut Aryan Youth in their first “civilian job” harassing people trying to get to a Social Security appointment

4 Likes

People are all worried about another US Civil War and I am wont to remind them the first one never ended.

5 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes

They lost the war, but won the peace. And that has haunted us since.

8 Likes

That’s the outcome when we never directly address the sins of the past, and instead just try to pretend like it never happened.

10 Likes

It’s probably good they stayed away. DHS goons were more likely to join the mob than stop it.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.