FCC fines AT&T $100M for throttling "unlimited" customers

[Read the post]

2 Likes

"Consumers deserve to get what they pay for,ā€ Wheeler said. ā€œBroadband providers must be upfront and transparent about the services they provide. The FCC will not stand idly by while consumers are deceived by misleading marketing materials and insufficient disclosure.ā€

Heā€™s working out pretty good, for a dingo.

2 Likes

Then who cares? The FCC will get new toys and go on a few more ā€˜team buildingā€™ vacations while the people who were cheated get squat.

1 Like

Pfft. Theyā€™ll never pay it, even though for them itā€™s chump change. Telcos are above the law.

2 Likes

Ugh. Thatā€™s just plain wrong.

I had an AT&T unlimited account when they started doing this. It really was insane, even though my contract clearly stated that I had unlimited data, the data rate would slow to an absolute crawl, and then go back to normal on the first of the month. And the worst part was to hear the tech support people tell me that technically I still had unlimited data. For this reason Iā€™ll never use an AT&T product again.

Too bad all the money is going to the FCC, this seems like a good candidate for a class action lawsuit.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.