FCC received 1300 complaints about the suggestive nature of the Superbowl halftime show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/26/fcc-received-1300-complaints-a.html

The corporate sanctioned brain-damaging violence on the TV is not a problem, though.

17 Likes

OK, 1300 complaints out of 114 million viewers.

So that’s a percentage of (does quick math) . . . “unbelievably minuscule”?

18 Likes

Ah 1300 complaints but from how many people?

7 Likes

Vermont: still giving zero fucks about football. Or pop stars. Or getting your panties in a bunch.

(Yay, Vermont!)

12 Likes

1300? Coincidence?

6 Likes
2 Likes

1300 complaints about naked buttocks? How many complaints about the usual militarism i.e. glorifying people who kill brown people abroad?

Unknown-1
More nudity, less violence please.

15 Likes

Yet no complaints about Adam Levine’s nipples last year!?

6 Likes

I’m guessing that a huge proportion of these were prompted by their blatant, shameless display of the Puerto Rican flag.

6 Likes

Where is the FCC complaint form?

2 Likes

Are we sure he wasn’t referring to the violence of the game? Because that’s more disturbing than the halftime show, especially with what we now know about CTE and domestic violence.

6 Likes

I wonder how many were reading from the same script?

2 Likes

No sex, please, we’re Texans.

2 Likes

All 1300 of which should be summarily ignored for being baseless.

1 Like

Those hypocrites. The Lawrence Welk shows always were full of sax and violins.

5 Likes

The fact that a significant portion of the complainants mentioned #MeToo while condemning the halftime show is all you have to know about the kind of person we’re dealing with here. Ignorant at best.

1 Like

I’m tempted to file a complaint just because you made me think about Adam Levine’s nipples.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.