Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against Rep. George Santos

Originally published at: Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against Rep. George Santos | Boing Boing

10 Likes

First Trump, now this.

Is…is it December 25th…?

26 Likes

I can’t imagine what prompt generated the image for the article - but it’s genius - disturbed, but genius,

14 Likes

It’ll be interesting watching him get sworn in for a deposition or on the stand.

25 Likes

What kind of twisted justice system would go after a beloved Broadway producer who brought us such gems as the Spiderman musical?

23 Likes

24 Likes

I hope news like this rains down all summer.

19 Likes

Starting with “state your real name”.

23 Likes

I know, right?

He’s such a habitual liar that if he pleads guilty, I don’t know whether we should believe him. That boy is a walking Epimenides Paradox waiting to happen.

19 Likes

Ooh, something new to google, thanks muchly.

13 Likes

f30e21da146bd3501555eec943a8898e

14 Likes

And, another one’s gone…

4 Likes

Now do Matt Gaetz and Gym Jorden.

16 Likes

Same.

(After gogoling) I think wikipedja incorrectly spelled it. santos (if that’s its real name) is a cretin, not a Cretan.

12 Likes

I’ll bet it’s Baruch College wanting their volleyballs back.

11 Likes

It’s one of those good news days.
Dog Smile GIF

8 Likes

Santos faces 13 counts, including wire fraud, money laundering and theft of public funds
Rep. George Santos has been charged on a 13-count indictment, according to court documents unsealed Wednesday.

The charges include seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

:laughing: :rofl:

9 Likes

And here:

8 Likes

Now under arrest on seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

Quick question - how can they tell they’ve got the right man?

8 Likes

Kevin McCarthy: “George is a trusted member of my inner circle and I see no reason, despite the charges, to remove him from any committees or congress.”

4 Likes