Feds blew the door off a safe in Giuliani associate raids

They knew when he was going to be out of town for a week. They had keys. They knew how to move large, heavy items into and out of the storage area of the basement. My father-in-law was not too bright about bolting things down.

7 Likes

The father-in-law always bragged about how he didn’t use a bank. I’ll wager he probably bragged about the gold bars, too.

11 Likes

Oh for heaven’s sake.

7 Likes

Yep. Dude’s almost 90 and less and less is going on upstairs. He wanted to leave it to his grandkids (my kiddos) but his trophy wife most likely modified his will and was going to take it all anyway. Man, was she pissed. I could almost see the look in her eyes like “I f’ing wasted 20 years for this”?

11 Likes

90 lbs is by no measure too heavy to lift and carry with help or a simple hand truck. $500,000 at today’s rate of $1500.17/oz translates to 333.3 oz or a whopping 20.8 lbs. I’d happily take that bet on a 110 lb safe.

7 Likes

Yeah, as I wrote above, once I realized it was multiple people with access to tools and guaranteed time to operate freely – and who KNEW what was in the safe, so they knew it was worth taking – well then, all bets were off.

11 Likes

Couldn’t the FBI just cut the power?

1 Like

ADHECEPC4

9 Likes

That may be the proper way, but it is not the most entertaining way.

7 Likes

Fire safes, for protecting valuable documents in case the house burns down.

6 Likes

Sometimes it seems like everyone else’s job is more fun than mine.

4 Likes

I have no idea where mine keeps his. Near as I can tell, he’s invested it all in chairs that have a carrot-like scent sprayed on one of the arm-rests for some reason.

6 Likes

What is the point of a passport in a safe? All mine are in lockers near the airport.

6 Likes

You’ve got enough material for at least a miniseries.

4 Likes

How long until the top of Rudy’s head blows up?

Scan them and put them up on a cloud server seems to be the safer way.

Ba-dum…bum…crash!

Some valuable papers are only valuable as paper. Share certificates, and umm … paper money.
One day we’ll be able to scan our dollar bill serial numbers and upload them to Fuckbook to become Libra. Oh, deep joy! (Not!)

blew door off

I’ve seen a lot of this reality locksmith show where they “blow open” safes-- except they never once have “blow off the door” to a safe. They drill hole(s), usually one, and then open it fairly quickly. (Altho, sure, these guys are generally dealing with older safes.) In any case, I bet that this description by “the source” is fanciful and the Feds are in no way using explosives on safes.

3 Likes

to gain access to the x files

3 Likes

“The Truth, we’ll blow it outa there”

1 Like