Feds blew the door off a safe in Giuliani associate raids

Using explosives doesn’t sound like a practical way to open a safe. Wouldn’t an angle grinder with 230mm cutting wheel be enough? Or are safes resistant to such attack?

1 Like

Maybe they just didn’t want to take as long as @beschizza? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

The also blew the cover off his email server to confiscate the hard drive.

My best friend ‘helped’ me put a small burglary chest (20" x 20" x 21") weighing 194 lbs. into the back of an SUV. Yes, he’s a big man, but it was nothing for him to pick up the safe and place it in the vehicle. The basic security standard is that any safe weighing less than 800 lbs. is supposed to be bolted down or secured in place with an anti-packoff kit.

3 Likes

Wowza, that’s amazing. It’s not even the weight as much as the utter cubism of a safe.

Like most people, the only thing I need to put in a safe is documentation that I don’t want getting ruined by fire or water, and buying a small safe for that purpose pays for itself after a year or two of renting a safe deposit box in a bank. There’s nothing of value to anyone else, and it’s small enough that most robbers would probably realize that. Where the gentleman posted up above got it wrong – disastrously, brought-it-on-himself wrong – was that he boasted about the fact that there was a fortune in gold bullion in his safe. THAT makes it worth taking.

5 Likes

Seems overly dramatic if they used explosives when a plasma torch to the hinges would work just as well and less dangerous.

Torch might be more likely to destroy evidence generates molten metal iirc

You might mean acetelyene gas cutting torch. Plasma cutting torch is electric which doesn’t generate as much heat as gas torch but just as effective.

cutting off the corners of the safe with arc facing outwards , eventually will cut it open.

so, what’s in the safe?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.