Feds charge hedge-fund managers with $1B embezzlement

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/20/feds-charge-hedge-fund-manager.html

Should have left sooner. Stopping to gather your books will get you into trouble every time.

I wouldn’t expect much in the way of forward planning from a bunch of greedheads who thought they’d succeed where Meyer Lansky failed.

The next cabinet members? Head of the SEC maybe?

yes, too bad Trump missed a chance to appoint them.

Obviously their taxes are too high, so crime and fraud are their only recourse. Oh the huge manatee!
Thanks Obama.

The article is hidden behind the WSJ Google wall. Let me google that for you.

EDIT: They block that link too? Try this one: Authorities Allege $1 Billion Fraud at Platinum Partners

Presidential pardon, then sign 'em up in the new admin.

[head-desk.gif]

Why is this news? Isn’t this how hedge funds are supposed to work?

600 investors netted them $1 billion? I just don’t have it in me to give a crap about someone scamming people with that kind of money. The Feds should focus on the banksters fleecing the other 99% of us.

You have to understand.

They were stealing from Rich People.

Right! I mean, this wasn’t pensions or something wristslappable. Gotta send a message!

Don’t let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

Time to warm up the ol wrist-slapper!

On the bright side, at least it’s nothing as serious as a broken taillight, so none of them will be shot dead by police before reaching custody.

This is serious stuff!

We’re not talking about poisoning cities or giving away classified information to your fuckbuddy, this needs to be punished!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.