Feds to get access to 1 million+ files from Michael Cohen’s seized phones today

Make it a Chipotle, and you’re on.

(I actually like Cinnabon, and wouldn’t wish Cohen upon any location.)

2 Likes

For leverage I expect.

He’s a slimeball. This is the good stuff–the warrant was likely issued because they got him on tape telling someone, “DESTROY ALL THE EVIDENCE”.

3 Likes

He is so hosed. He may have a bare window to flip and be a witness for Mueller, but I think he’s already passed it. And that probably wouldn’t protect him in the Stormy Daniels case anyway.

The only man so far who is probably more screwed is Manafort.

2 Likes

He doesn’t seem like management material to me. He seems like the designated garbage-taker-outer and cleaner-out-of-the-grease-trapper to me.

3 Likes

As a benchmark, how many emails were on Hillary Clinton’s mail server?

ETA:

Looks like … under 50,000?

3 Likes

While I can very easily believe that he has Resting Criminal Dunce Face, it’s worth noting that when you always see someone in the news with the same unflattering facial expression, it’s a deliberate, cheap editorial tactic. News photographers take hundreds of pictures at every event (hundreds of thousands, if they’re shooting video), and it’s completely up to photo editors whether to consistently pick the one where the subject is blinking / squinting / has their mouth open etc.

I wish they’d knock it off, personally. It’s infantile, uninformative, and once you start noticing it, it tarnishes the actual journalism. I’m surprised writers (presumably) put up with it.

1 Like

That year he used photogrammetry to figure out his driver didn’t need to take the Governors’ Island and Staten Island Ferries to get to 35th.
Polarized bistro lighting ‘active documents’ scheme fooled ‘em all.
One does not simply counsel Mordor.
Levi’s Custom Fit always off about 2’: The 14th Street Photo Sessions.
It shrank!
My hedge exposure!
Clock flashes more when hands moving fast; keeping notes so it’s fine later when planning on moving hands or small hands may be around.
Old phones have plenty of room for offline microSD cards.

4 Likes

It looks like a completely serviceable Bill Murray acclimation take. Tinier hats. More fine wool than rumples. Occasional Xanax Bears. His flock should buy him a $74 Greyhound and it’ll all click fine.

2 Likes

Sometimes, for fun, I randomly pause video of people talking to see how ridiculous they look. More often than not it’s funny. I can see how editors could easily pick shots to show the subject in a particular light.

I’m easily amused.

Current case in point: Ontario is in the last week of selecting a premier. Doug Ford, brother of the infamous Rob Ford, has a very good chance of winning. Most times I see a picture of Doug Ford, it’s usually a Shouting Mouth Open Face. Likely due to my avoiding the Toronto Sun and other conservative media. Or perhaps just confirmation bias; I remember what matches my expectation and forget the contrary images.

2 Likes

I think comparing Saul to Cohen is very insulting to Saul.

1 Like

I guess it depends what the FBI are counting as “files”; it might be that a lot of those are thumbnail from his web browsing history.

@csilvest, I find watching videos with youtube’s automatic subtitles switched on amusing. There is a terrain modeler I like, who has a Northern English accent, who keeps getting his videos demonetized, because youtube thinks he is swearing when he refers to “flock” (a type of model grass).

1 Like

Preach it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.