Feeling left out, Marjorie Taylor Greene wants her own January 6th hearings

It’s not like the nazis stopped believing in their fascist bullshit just because they lost the war. Many of them were pretty fucking good at hiding it, but I know for a fact that even after the third reich got totally and utterly defeated by the Allies, there were still plenty of people in Germany life who believed that “Hitler had a few good ideas.” You can’t control what people believe. But you can work to create a system that ensures that all of us have rights, and that people seeking to upend democratic institutions are held accountable for it. You can also make sure that people who hold such abhorrent views know that we hold those views in contempt and that they are not an acceptable part of the public discourse.

7 Likes

It seems like we keep going over this. They call it lies even when it’s the truth. This isn’t ammunition for them. Empty G doesn’t need any - when she runs out she just takes a dump and throws it. She has an infinite supply.

What makes you think they didn’t and they don’t? Part of the point is to hold back the corroboration to lay perjury traps for the insurrectionists.

ETA: Grifters like 45 and Empty G actually dislike having to utilize truth even when it supports them. They prefer bullshit, which can be differentiated from lies in that it’s not even loosely attached to the truth. That way, they can shape and mold it all they want. When a person lies, they still have to work within limitations around opposing the truth. Bullshitting is a blank canvas for them to finger-paint their excrement upon.

8 Likes

mood GIF

5 Likes

I’m not suggesting they appease anyone, I just have a different opunion of how they should go about it.

Good for you? But if they spent their time trying to convince trumpers, then they would not be holding any hearings, and instead sweeping it all under the rug, because that is what they want to happen. Primarily, so they can re-elect him and do it all again, but successfully this time.

4 Likes

That’s not what I’m saying.

You just seem to misunderstand the nature of the hearings, and you seem to be suggesting we need to “win over” someone who is gonna vote for someone who is a known white supremacists and violent bigot.

4 Likes

clown car

6 Likes

i want to believe

Gee I bet they never thought of that

Hearsay is better than nothing for the historical record if that’s all they can get

4 Likes

“Their”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.