Feeling left out, Marjorie Taylor Greene wants her own January 6th hearings

Kind of my point.

“If the @January6thCmte won’t allow these men to testify on television, broadcasted on every major network, I’m going to start holding my own J6 committee hearings,” Greene tweeted.

She couldn’t organize a cake sale.

3 Likes

Or we can just arrest her for treason right now.

5 Likes

And Kinzinger and Cheney are Republicans, who voted largely in lockstep with Trump and the rest of the Republicans on every issue.

1 Like

Yah, Empty Gee makes Palin and Bachmann look well-balanced and sober.

1 Like

Isn’t that what Fox News has been doing since January 7, 2021? Does she know about tv?

3 Likes

Is it? You seem pretty focused on that, and not the actual criming?

4 Likes

We must be watching different hearings. The one I am watching seems pretty well constructed to bring these assholes to justice.

13 Likes

Right? They are pretty much making direct connections between the insurrection on the 6th and Trump. It’s becoming increasingly clear that he helped plan it and it was not spontaneous at all, but a last ditch effort to keep him in office.

And Fani Willis JUST called that Holder guy (the documentary film maker who was interviewing the family and inner circle) down to Fulton Co. to testify in front the grand jury. There is there there.

12 Likes

Indeed, there is.

7 Likes

I agree, I was attempting to say the petty stuff that may or may not be provable is what the right focuses on to say, see, they’re making this stuff up.

Stick to the big stuff that can be proven and let the petty stuff go unless there is proof.

They should stop giveing them stuff that they can use to distract. One thing that can’t be proven as false or made up is all they need.

What she said was HER testimony, not words that they put into her mouth.

5 Likes

Can we just have Andrea Libman read out MTG’s tweets in the voice of Pinkie Pie Pony

Many people only see what they want to see, clearly.

7 Likes

She said what someone told her.

Look, I’m not defending trump or criticizing the witness, I’m saying it’s petty stuff that without proof the marjorie taylor green’s can use to say the democrats are making it all up.

All they need is one or two things that they can run with to say it’s all made up or everyone is lying.

I really want them to get trump and everyone involved.

I was just commenting on the original post that was talking about the incident in the limo. Mtg is doing exactly what I’m talking about.

Some of it is, yes. She heard directly from the agent in question in fact… She is also clearly delineated what she was told to what she herself saw and heard. What she saw and heard WAS itself DAMNING.

I suppose she COULD be lying, but you know, she’s being THREATENED for doing so. My money is on she’s telling the truth.

nobody cares bfd GIF

Seriously. She was one of the people asking for a pardon. Her attempt to undermine Hutchinson is only further damning.

6 Likes

Further damning for people that have already damned her. For her supporters and trump’s supporters it’s more ammunition for them to keep saying everyone is lying.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have the hearings but they should at least know what these witnesses are going to say and have corroborating witnesses ready to go before people like greene can get there hands on it.

I said in my post I wish they would dot the Is and cross the Ts before going public.

I have to admit, the way Hutchinson kept saying “he said words to the effect of…” made her seem a little less effective, even though I realize that she did it to avoid perjuring herself. It seemed like she was equivocating.

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF

We need to stop pretending like they are going to stop being fascists if we say the right magic words. All we can do is marginalize them, and prosecute the ones who actively participated in the attempted coup.

And how do YOU Know that they don’t. This is not a court of law, these are public hearings by members of congress to lay out their evidence to the american people. They will give what they have to the DOJ (who is already going after some of those lower down on the food chain) who have the legal authority to act on this information.

They are doing what they are supposed to do, which is informing the public. They do not have to abide by the standards of a criminal trial for that. :woman_shrugging: Even if they had video of Trump saying that he was going to do all of what we know he did, HIS SUPPORTERS WOULD NOT GIVE A SHIT. They WANT democracy to be overthrown, because they do not like women, POC, LGBQT+ community, liberals, progressives, moderates, etc, etc, to have a say in how this country is run. THEY ARE FASCISTS and do not abide by the rule of law when that includes things like an equal protection clause.

Pay attention to people who spend their lives studying this stuff, because they are all saying it’s a four alarm fire here:

We keep playing the whole “both sides” bullshit at our peril.

9 Likes

Real talk;

THEY WON’T.

It’s like expecting an abusive spouse to stop hitting you, if you ‘just do everything exactly the way he wants you to’; it still doesn’t work, and he WILL keep hitting you whenever he loses his temper… no matter what you do.

Fuck all that ‘appeasement’ noise, and at this point unfuck anyone advocating for that futile course of inaction.

11 Likes