Felling a 180 foot sugar pine

Gosh, your headspace seems full of ownership-cobwebs.

To clear away these troubling nuisances for a more fulfilling existence, throw all your furniture at poachers and leave it to decompose serenely wherever it lands. The only furniture you need is a clear conscience.

1 Like

I agree. I always hate saying it, because I think it dilutes arguments and is kind ofā€¦ nihilist? But humans are cockroaches without the survivability - we arenā€™t sustainable (modern man), so I donā€™t see how anything we can do is. But Iā€™m not one of those cooks that suggests everyone should be offā€™ed when they turn 75. Itā€™s kind of a problem without a solution - unless you want to get quite dystopian.

But youā€™re right in that I think to some extent itā€™ll solve itself - wars, famine, disease etc. - when all governments care about is enriching the 1% then eventually weā€™ll just be left with the 1%.

Edit: Shit, I forgot I said I was bowing out! Now Iā€™ve broken the sealā€¦

2 Likes

Very well made point - I hadnā€™t personally considered that angle - and thereā€™s one person I know who really needs to hear that perspective (heā€™s one of those ā€˜kill everyone when they retireā€™ sadists).

I, for one, am disappointed in you. Now I know how my mom feels.

3 Likes

Weā€™re all disappointed in you both. Now go to your rooms.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really disappointed in all of you and how this thread has turned into such a bummer now.

2 Likes

Letā€™s have an Airing of Grievances!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bring the pole!

1 Like

Know what is a bigger bummer? An oak fell down on my sister in laws lot and I donā€™t have a big enough saw to grab a few center pieces.

Japhroaig needs coffee tables!!

And why yes, I had a neighbor next to the hazelnut forest and across from the mint distillery that has his own saw Mill. Why do you ask?

2 Likes

Holy crap. Craigslist time! Skip straight to hiring a portable sawyer. Look for an hourly guy over 60 rather than a younger guy who goes by the board foot. And pay for saw blades; theyā€™re cheap.

(Says the guy living vicariously through youā€¦)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.