Fellow catches big fish that is then caught by something much bigger

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/23/fellow-catches-big-fish-that-i.html

6 Likes

“Dammit, now we have to eat crocodile for dinner.”

19 Likes

Everything can kill you in Australia.

17 Likes

That’s why you should catch it a fish. To distract it from becoming the meal yourself!

10 Likes

Ah, but if you teach it to fish, it can be distracted for a lifetime.

47 Likes

I enjoyed this more than I can account for…

It’s like a mini master class in appropriate pacing for action movies.

9 Likes

…No, I’m kidding. That was funny.

9 Likes
10 Likes

This happens in saltwater fishing with some frequency. Only sharks, not gators.

Reeling in a swordfish (or even shark). It dives deep, feel a big tug then goes slack, and you end up reeling in just a head or half a fish.

9 Likes

In the Skanky household, the missus and I frequently torment each other by responding to each other’s funnies by saying, “I’m laughing on the inside. Where it counts.”

I think it’s a line from an episode of “The Bob Newhart Show”.

:smiley:

5 Likes

This is notably less sexy than the scene from Crocodile Dundee where Linda Kozlowski almost gets eaten by a crocodile.

croc-bait

I remember watching that movie on VHS with my family when I was 10 or so. It got kind of awkward when she took her pants off and everyone got quiet. Then my dad tried to break the silence by saying “What’s the big deal? Everyone has a bottom.”

Even at that age I was thinking “not like that one.”

17 Likes

Now I know where that quote on slack comes from!

10 Likes

The whole thing’s gone down his gob!

1 Like

12 Likes

Damn, Daniel.

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m interpreting the video wrong, but that looked like a rather courageous approach to the situation.

It looked like he was fighting against the croc to begin with, and still trying to reel the fish in.

I would have thought that in that situation, if the croc wants your fish, you let the croc have the fish, and move swiftly to a new fishing spot.

6 Likes

Would it be too on-the-nose if I observed that there is an ass for every seat?

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that they probably could have made a more captivating video if the fisherman at least made an attempt to take his pants off.

10 Likes

I’m sure Daniel Al Fresco would have rated at least two Michelin stars from the crocodile and I wouldn’t be wondering whether the croc wound up gut hooked.

4 Likes