Fellow films himself stealing Porsche before crashing it and getting stuck inside

[Read the post]

They just don’t make’em like they used to.

Is there a version of the Darwin award, but for crime?

So, he can’t drive again until the last year of his jail term?

2 Likes

Porsche Drivers.

5 Likes

3 Likes

It’s Porsche-a

4 Likes

I really thought I was going to see his face when the car crashed. I can’t find the words to describe my disappointment.

7 Likes

I think his being stuck inside would actually make it more difficult for the police to pick him up.

Should read Porsche “Boxter”. Boxer is the kind of engine it has - flat 6 (horizontally opposed) engine.

Trivia -
Porsche and Subaru have the use of these kinds of engines in common.

Edit - should read “Boxster” as was pointed out below. My mistake/typo this time!

1 Like

If you’re going to be pedantic… it’s actually ‘Boxster’.

1 Like

How do ya figure?

they’d have to get him unstuck first. unless a bunch of them got together on each side of the car and then lifted together, but I’m not sure if that really counts.

He’s trapped. Inside the car. They could shove it up onto a flatbed with a winch. Then take him to a secure facility and jaws-of-life it open with robots, or guys in full riot gear. Then he’s in complete custody.

Basically, if he’s trapped, then he has nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

All the better to dehumanize, eh?

“aggravated vehicle taking”

:smile:

Whoops, right. Typo. :smile:

From a UK solicitation site

Taking a conveyance without authority

There is another widespread criminal offence in the United Kingdom which cannot be covered by theft under Section 1 of the Theft Act. This offence is referred to as taking a conveyance without authority but is more commonly known as joy riding.

Why can this offence not be covered by Section 1 of the Theft Act?

This offence cannot be covered by the offence of theft as in this case there is no intention to permanently deprive the owner of the property.

When individuals commit this crime there is no intention to permanently deprive as after a few hours of the car being taken the car will be abandoned.

Accordingly Section 12 of the Theft Act has created the offence of taking a conveyance without authority stating that an individual will be guilty of a criminal offence to without the owner’s consent or other lawful authority taking a conveyance for his own use or for another person’s use.

This therefore removes the requirement for the car to be permanently deprived from the owner.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.