FEMA sends refrigerator trucks to NYC for coronavirus patients

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/30/fema-sends-refrigerator-trucks.html

2 Likes

The headline be updated to say victims, and not patients. Just a suggestion.

23 Likes

Chicago has at least one lined up already for overflow from the morgue, but I should point out that they had NINE of these back in ~1995 when there were a LOT of deaths because of a Heat Wave in the summer.

5 Likes

This is bringing back some really crappy memories.

The last time I heard about refrigeration trucks was when friends of mine on the NYPD were describing the scene at 9/11 Ground Zero cleanup/crowd control. Back then they could barely find enough of victims to fill the trucks. Nowadays they are packing them.

I still can’t keep my shit together when September 11th rolls around.

10 Likes

FEMA sends refrigerator trucks to NYC for coronavirus VICTIMS of tRump Co’s incompetence!

FIFY

17 Likes

At first glance I was wondering what patients needed with refrigerated trucks.

4 Likes

Finally we arrive on a Medium Shot of Frankie Carbone. It shows him frozen stiff and contrasts between the color of the meat and the color of Frankie add a human element to the shots.

http://hbglane.blogspot.com/2015/10/shot-by-shot-analysis-of-death-scene.html

1 Like

“… local officials welcomed the Naval medical ship the USNS Comfort to New York City.”

Which – by the way – Trump used as a photo-op backdrop. F*****g m**********r!!!

1 Like

The NYPost can be harsh… but this is exactly what needs to be shoved into the faces of doubters and Trump.

3 Likes

I treat the “doubters” and Trump’s denialism with the same level of contempt I have given 9/11Trufers for years. A dangerous diversion of time and resources away from those suffering the effects. Its the ignorant malicious blathering of people nowhere near the events.

2 Likes

If it only was that they’d hurt themselves, but they’ll no doubt mostly make it, kill people who were trying to stay safe, and them complacently bask in “weren’t no worse’n the flu”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.