Fight over mayonnaise ends in murder and life in jail

Originally published at: Fight over mayonnaise ends in murder and life in jail | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is why I don’t miss bars.

27 Likes

Mayo… or death?!

17 Likes
9 Likes

When Shaggies Attack!

10 Likes

Mayonnaise Manslaughter, next time on Sick Sad World!

17 Likes

Seems a bit petty even if you don’t like mayonnaise. Ketchup maybe I could see. How tragically stupid can people be. Two lives destroyed and countless family members and friends forever injured. Have another beer dumbasses.

16 Likes

sick sad world GIF

20 Likes

The victim was the one who received unwanted mayo.

9 Likes

As someone who prefers ketchup to mayo, neither condiment is worth murder. Now, good-quality chocolate…

11 Likes

I was just working on an animated gif with “Mayonnaise Manslaughter” added. You beat me to the punch. It just hit me- it’s like I was walking and you were in a car. Your Internet skills leave me tired and exhausted. Take my heart and thank you (truly) for allowing me to get back to real work- correcting someone that is wrong on the Internet. :slight_smile:

On a slightly more serious note, this preventable tragedy will be viewed differently across the world. With some hyperbole, in some parts of the U.S. the murder will seem justified by some and the judge’s verdict an infringement on rights or freedoms or something. While in other parts of the world the headline would be something like, “Man killed for being helpful.”- Netherlands, I’m looking at you- fritessaus.

10 Likes

To be fair, for that, I just searched for sick sad world in the gif thingie, because I figured it would be in there (from Daria). I probably would have done a google image search if it had not been there…

sick sad world dg GIF

15 Likes

Well it is the devil’s condiment.

8 Likes

He should get life in prison just for the mayo part. The murder just helps prove who he really was.

4 Likes

:musical_note:“I turned 21 in prison doing life without mayonnaise” :notes:

8 Likes

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!

8 Likes

Are people not reading even the brief write up?
Person A put unwanted Mayo on person B’s food.
Person B punched person A.
Person A ran over person B several times with their automobile to ensure person B was dead.
The mayonnaise-er was not the person murdered. He was (bum bum buuuuum) the murderer!
I guess he was counting on heart disease to do the trick, albeit more slowly, but when he realized person B was having none of this death by Mayo, he expedited his timeline.

One of the craziest parts to me is that you’d even be sitting around eating and drinking in a bar at a table with someone you’d just as soon murder. WTF.

22 Likes

Yeah, I think the mayo simply makes it a news worthy story. More realistic is these guys have probably wanted to fight for a while now.

3 Likes

This is why I never hung out in bars where That Sort of Gentleman can be found.

6 Likes

How does one go about putting mayo on another person’s food? Did he use a butter knife, was it a burger, fries, tuna, a salad? Did he do it in front him? What was the quantity of mayo? So many questions.