Film of U.S. Army destroying Nuremberg swastika violates YouTube's policy on hate speech

Positively dynamite!

3 Likes

sound-of-music-rip-nazi-flag

7 Likes

This GIF is just so one sided.
Is this what radical left-wingers and BLM terrorists call fair?

/sarcasm

4 Likes
2 Likes

The trailer for the above is still on YouTube and it contains the Nuremberg swastika being demolished.

1 Like

Also, I thought this was apt when I saw it linked on Wil Wheaton’s tumblr:

What a week. I originally typed the following in the “tags” since that’s where I usually add my thoughts, but I wound up typing a lot, so here it is:
 Maybe it

5 Likes

I was talking on the phone to my Mum tonight.

This phrase came up during the chat: “Nazis aren’t cartoon monsters, Mum; they’re people.”

2 Likes

This, so much. We’re so used to nazis being shorthand for unmitigated evil (cartoonish evil, even in relatively seriously films like Schindler’s List, they are played up as literal monsters) that we forget that the nazis were/are real human beings who should be held culpable for the things they do and promote in this world. I find Christopher Browning’s work very valuable on this issue. Ordinary Men should be mandatory reading along with Primo Levi and Ellie Wiesel, I think.

1 Like

Hey, we were just being fashionably late!

5 Likes

We have this in Blu-ray. Beautiful, crisp B&W, with an unforgettable, killer line from Spencer Tracy to Burt Lancaster. Superb acting… and with a very young William Shatner, his acting style totaling indistinguishable from what’s seen in his later gigs. (And check out the static, courtroom crowd scene where Shatner’s face is blocked just a teensy-weensy bit by one of the actors in front of him… and he accordingly adjusts his position so you see all of his face. What a wonderful ham!)

1 Like

I think the bottom graphic should somehow depict the Russian winter!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.