Filmmaker Uwe Boll blames everyone but himself for failed Kickstarter

I will chip in if he uses it to play golf and not on another movie…

I’d donate to have him take up golfing in thunderstorms.

2 Likes

I’m at a loss as to why anyone would ever give Uwe Boll money to do anything. He’s one of the worst film makers in the history of cinematography.

3 Likes

Looks to me like this might be crowd funding at its very finest. I’ve heard many criticisms that kickstarter and other crowd funding platforms act predominantly as promotional vehicles for existing projects with the infrastructure to stand out from the crowd. That the true innovations and potential breakout ideas have to struggle just to be seen. I have no idea if that is true or not. It may be, but it may just be that a lot of ideas people have just aren’t that good, and the existence or not of the major kickstarter projects make no difference one way or another.

The only thing I can say with confidence is that if crowd funding has led Uwe Boll to give up filmmaking, then it can’t be all bad.

I don’t know I have seen some pretty painful and awful films though I have to admit I am not totally sure I have seen a Uwe Boll film yet.

Breaking news :

Uwe Boll is still a sad mean man

1 Like

Pretty sure I haven’t: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I looked through that list and nope not seen any of them and none look like oh I need to go watch either. Some are a maybe if I were with like minded friends and a supply of lager to help.
But bad film is weird, some is just painful to watch like Invasion of the Star Creatures and some go full bore into sublime wonderful fun like The Creeping Terror,

1 Like

Your headline is inaccurate. Uwe Boll does not make movies; he perpetrates movies.

3 Likes

Seriously though, who is that message aimed at? He didn’t acknowledge the people who (scarily) did contribute. But it’s the other 7 billion fuckers who have now forced him to improve his golfing handicap.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.