Finally, new work from "Calvin & Hobbes's" Bill Watterson: The graphic novel "The Mysteries"

Originally published at: Finally, new work from "Calvin & Hobbes's" Bill Watterson: The graphic novel "The Mysteries" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

So, “Calvin and Hobbes”, then? :smile:

67f953a1436429180175efe299c005f6

16 Likes

Well, that was an instant click-through buy. I guess I should go back and read the article, now…

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

7 Likes

I preordered it back in February when I first heard about it, then totally forgot it existed until it showed up at my house a couple weeks ago. I was super surprised and excited when I opened the box and remembered what it was.

10 Likes

Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

4 Likes

Colville & Hugs.

1 Like

I will state that it is not Calvin and Hobbes, but something just as good. Worth the purchase.

3 Likes

Got it a couple days ago and read immediately. Then read again. Then ordered three more copies to give to dear friends.
A must-not-miss book for anyone really, but it should definitely resonate with fans of C&H.

4 Likes

It will resonate with adult fans. I’m not sure my 12 y/o son would appreciate it.It’s definitely not C&H.
This interview with Watterson and Kascht is a wonderful accompaniment.

1 Like

I bought the book, and it strongly reminds me of the photo books you can custom build from Shutterfly or the defunct MyPublisher. I would not be surprised to learn that they print these as they get orders in. The hardcover book is covered in woven black fabric and the cover illustration appears to be glued to the front. The paper is decently heavy to support the illustrations and text.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.