Find a vaporizer that’s right for your budget (and your health)

Typos aside (now corrected) that response was to what I saw as a lack of good faith on your part. Your “citation please” request to my statement was essentially a request to provide proof of a limitless negative.

Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. Generally I’ve been on your side in this thread, but I do think you’re taking things too personally and becoming unnecessarily argumentative.

it didn’t rub me the wrong way. You simply answered a totally different question. Glad to hear an honest answer, but i’l be fucked if I am going to repeat myself and ask a third time.

At least I am arguing something other than that asserting my own ignorance is important to me.

Since you’re a fantastic judge of what is ‘too’ unhealthy to inhale with zero on-subject evidence presented, I will take your assertion that I have taken something “too personally” as a fact handed down from an impartial judge. It’s not you, it couldn’t be you.

Keep projecting, you crazy diamond!

I really do think you’re arguing with the wrong person here. Check the thread and make sure you are debating me on points I’ve made. Also make sure you understand the context of each of my comments, since I’ve been largely discussing (as the original article does) vaping marijuana plant material and its extracts. You’ve gone off on a tangent talking about vaping nicotine in an ecig form. Those are two completely different types of vaping.

As for the ad hominem; none of your fucking business, generally speaking, but because it does put some perspective on this debate, I was a smoker for 15 years. I gave it up, but not because of some moral problem with it. I have tried recreational vaping of the ecig kind, and thought it was pretty nice. So like I said, I’m generally on your side in this.

You know what; fuck it. I’m done talking to you. You’ve gone off the deep end and gotten way to personal, and you keep editing your responses so I can’t even keep up with your crazy. For what reason I have no idea, but clearly you take any debate about the health merits of nicotine as some personal attack against your “precious.”

Final thought; irritability is a side effect of nicotine consumption.

I can tell that after you’ve answered the question in good faith, which you above state you answered in bad faith.

If you can’t do that, amend your mistake, then i’ll never see you as on anybodies side but your own, as far as I am concerned - and that’s not personal, that’s adulting.

I am easy to convince, but I won’t do it for you.

Final thought; irritability is a side effect of nicotine consumption.

We do agree that ecigs are healthier than tobacco.

We don’t agree on whether you have a right to withhold good faith in conversation justifiably. I see lots of justifications and no amended behavior, so your bad faith was no accident (or if it is it seems to be one you can’t clean up after so good). You were asked a question, and you told me instead why you think you got to be full of shit, fascinating but not an answer to the question you admit dodging and have not revisited - instead flinging poo at me. Simple question, seemingly impossible for you for some reason?

that response was to what I saw as a lack of good faith on your part.

When I suspected that in you, I asked. I did not immediatly disrespect you because I thought you did it first, Han.

Your responses have been somewhat demeaning, and progressively inlammatory. “crazy” “irritabiliti is a side effect of…” etc… I mean come on. You were incorrect about something, not well informed on an opinion. Welcome to humanity. Get over yourself. A mistake is a mistake. being wrong about it is a choice. Throwing matches is a choice.

You’ve been disrespectful, admittedly first, and complain about it getting personal as something I am experiencing? That shit fascinates me. How do you know that sufficiently to make it worth talking about? Do you think it distracts from your being not correct. Is being not correct so bad that you have to insult someone repeatedly to change the subject?

Final thought, You may lack humility. I doubt it’s terminal. Glad you quit smoking, please get off the ego-crack.

There was a question you never did answer in good faith, how insulting of me!

I am nobody’s puritan. I stated pretty clearly that I do not care what drugs you take, as long as you don’t expose me to them. Neuroadaptation is absolutely a negative. As with any such drug, neuroadaptation means that over time, larger doses of the drug are required to achieve a given effect, and you can even get into the situation where you need large doses of it just to keep yourself at the same dopamine levels that you would have maintained had you never started taking the drug. it also relates to the severity of the symptoms of withdrawal.
I am not saying that you should not vape. I am only saying that if you vape nicotine, you should not claim that it is healthy.

1 Like

Bought a pax 2 for smoking actually medicinal weed today (for my spinal injury with high cbd strains).

2 Likes

Congrats on the purchase (not the in injury of course). I almost bought the Pax a few years ago but ended up buying the Firefly v1. Both are great devices.

1 Like

nicotine is toxic, and with a sufficiently high dose will cause some cardiovascular damage, which might cause health problems.

it’s much, much less of a risk than lung cancer. less enough, in fact, that i consider it personally negligible. but it’s not zero. nicotine has been linked to amputations.

2 Likes

You might want to make it clearer that the Pax 2 only supports “flower” vaping (as they describe it), i.e. no concentrates. You tight-pack a small chamber with marijuana (or, I suppose, dried rose petals or daffodils if you’d like) and it is then heated by conduction.

The Pax 3 additionally supports concentrates, but in a kind of kludgy way imho; there’s basically an insert which you soak/dab the substance on and place in the “flower” chamber.

1 Like

Pretty much exactly. It contributes to preripheral vascular disease, and can do other damage at high dosages.

Not really the same foolishness quotient as smoking tobacco though. Thanks for your informed response!

1 Like

the thing that really skeeves me out is the possibility outright contaminants in the base. i buy carefully for this reason, but i still don’t really trust the “third-party” auditors. it sure would be nice if the FDA regulated that instead of coming up with various puritanical bullshit.

there’s also the possibility of small amounts of chromium-VI being released from the coil. i doubt it’s a problem but, unlike PG and VG, which have been food additives for decades, people haven’t been huffing on nichrome coils on a regular basis before vaping happened.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.