Finding Pennywise the Clown in your backyard is serious business

Apropos, considering my first online handle was voodooman

2 Likes

Not that I’d ever expend any time or energy on pranking someone like that… but if I did, I’d be very sure not to go fucking with any belief system beyond my own understanding, just on GP.

1 Like

I mean i’m not crazy enough to do it and i have better things to do with my time. And by “better things” i mean i’m lazy.

2 Likes

The thing about a mysterious doll made from someone’s belongings is that the creepiness comes from a high level of ambiguity. With context (i.e. knowing who made it and why), such a doll might be funny or affectionate… or a threat. But with no context at all, it’s pure unknown, which, combined with the intimacy of one’s own items used to fashion it, becomes really disturbing. (It’s the fear of the unknown made personal.) Hair and teeth take it more firmly into terroristic threat territory, so it paradoxically loses ambiguity and thus creepiness.

3 Likes

Laziness notwithstanding, there are very few people that I actually care about enough to go to such lengths, especially just to “mess with them.”

Precisely.

1 Like

I currently work for a pet insurance company, and the death/mortality/cremation/disposal etc… benefit on one of the very old no longer sold plans is $74. Of course that plan has a 10% co-pay, so the benefit check, if that’s the only thing that happened that claim is $66.60…

We have people writing nasty letters and refusing to cash checks (and of course telling us that we’re agents of the devil etc…). No, we just have a brain dead product and actuarial department that doesn’t always see the implications of their actions/plans. (man, making it a cool $75 back in the day would have neither broken the bank, nor caused problems…)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.