Finding Pennywise the Clown in your backyard is serious business

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/20/finding-pennywise-the-clown-in.html

4 Likes

Some folks have all the luck.

6 Likes

I would be amused if i ran into something like this :smiley:

Reminds me of the time i worked at a coffee shop and sometimes people would get a combination of innocuous things that’d ring up at $6.66 and 99% of the time people would freak out and ask if i could add a penny to the transaction or if they could add something to the order. Bruh its just numbers.

14 Likes

“Well, we’ve got some devil’s food cake right here if you’d like.”

16 Likes

“We all fail to float down here.”

5 Likes

12 Likes

:japanese_goblin:

I do not know what you speak of

9 Likes

Not bad. But I have seen better…

3 Likes

Sounds to me like someone just lobbed it over the trees, but the scribbles on the forehead looks like some weird Qanon stuff. /s

2 Likes

Meh.

5 Likes

Wait, let me get this straight. Someone was (supposedly) freaking out because what is clearly a Funko plush doll (retail price $6.49) was tossed into their yard?

If this is an attempt at viral marketing, it’s pretty pathetic.

I’d just be slightly annoyed that someone was throwing their trash in my yard.

3 Likes

Right?

It’s not even the good ‘Pennywise,’ played by Tim Curry.

Grab a pair of gloves, bag it, and pitch it in the trash can on the curb.

No melodrama required.

3 Likes

A more menacing plush, even:

Though what would have been more disturbing than these mass-produced things is any kind of hand-made doll, no matter how cute:

1 Like

A personalized handmade doll, even; made from some of the recipient’s own clothing or belongings… now that would be worth getting all creeped out over it.

4 Likes

Oh, now that’s actually, seriously creepy.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading Stephen King’s stuff since I was 10 years old; I know ‘macabre.’

5 Likes

Stuffed with human hair and teeth

4 Likes

That might actually be overkill.

2 Likes

I mean if you’re going to creep someone out… :thinking:

3 Likes

Those would not only be harder to obtain, but now you’ve traversed over into ‘voodoo’ territory.

3 Likes